supercharged sc400 running rich

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

.rampage.

i am all but confused it runs rich i am running 460cc injectors with v2 vortech less than 8 psi apexi safc2 and a sard regulator with step colder plug....had it on a mustang chassis dyno 165whp stock and got 230whp after,
but im running 9.5 to 1 at 3500rpm finally leans out to 11 to 1 at 6000rpm i cant lean it out anymore with out it detonating. it bogs from 3000rpm to 4000rpm tuner said might need a stronger spark
anything other than WOT its prefect afr
what should my fuel pressure be?
anyone have any suggestions i am open

I always use an aftermarket ECU on Supercharged 1uz's. I like to be able to pull some timing out. Provided the stock ignition system is good condition I have run them without issue at 15 psi.

What are your Air temps doing?

Honestly idk what the air temps are I live in Vegas assume hot I dyno'd at night temps were in the 80-90 I am intercooled.. Lol at this point I would pay someone to fix it.I contacted msd ignition they recommend the PN6462 BTM unit with a PN8252 coil. What ecu would you recommend? Thank you for the reply

I would recommend what ever ECU you have the best local support with. Over here we generally use Link but it helps that I'm a dealer and we have local support. Find a good local tuner talk with them. Cheers

ok think i found the problem tested injector ohms part number 195500-1350 4 injectors were 15 ohms. 3 injectors were 25 ohms and i found 1 that was a 195500-1370 which i believe is a 550cc injector which ohm at open feel dumb lol but part number looked the same and it looked the same wow

Last edited:
That would do it. Don't you guys have anyone that can flow test injectors before fitting? I never trust secondhand injectors. They are always checked and flow tested before fitting.

The fuel injectors from Mazda RX7 turbo year around 88-89 are 460 cc/min and also with high ohm. They're the cheapest working solution. But make sure they're cleaned/rebuilt.