stock auto oil info

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thefastj

my car is almost ready to be started for the first time ever (engine/auto from half-cut) and i'm wanting to refil the auto with oil.

i've never done oil in a tranny before... do i simply unbolt the pan and let the oil drain?? is there a gasket that needs to be replaced?

also, since the engine will only be idling in Park or Nuetral for now is there a cheap oil alternative as opposed to Toyota Type IV (which Soarer guys swear by down here)???

lastly... how much oil does it take?

Use the T4. Toyota auto trannies seem to be very particular about their oil. I was at a dealer picking up parts a few years ago, and the guy took me around to look at a Supra A340E being overhauled, due to a "Quickie Oil Change" place putting in Dexron instead of T4. The invoice he showed me indicated the owner's name, plus the "bill to" was certainly one of the well known quickie change places.

T4 along with similar stuff for Nissan, Audi, etc. uses a Dexron base, but with High Friction Modifiers (HFM's) that are necessary to prolong the life of the clutches.

John