Show us your crack??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
A "small" oil leak you say?!!

How do you think it happened? That area is pretty inaccessible.

I beleive there is a main oil gallery through there. The piece has been knocked out from the inside, through two layers of casting. I will open it up when swapping externals onto another motor I have for the vehicle. Cheers

I think we found the problem. Number 1 and 2 rods snapped off. Oil full of antifreeze. Vehicle was driven home with a rattle. Remains of big ends in the sump. Cheers

What a mess. The oil pick up doesn't look too healthy. I want to build a new sump for this one. It is as ugly as the damage inside the motor. Time to go home from work. Cheers

Ouch! Do you think you can salvage the crank?

Do you think the failure sequence was overheating, followed by blown head gaskets, hydrolocked motor, then finally the broken rods?

As cheap as those motors are here in the US, it wouldn't be worth it to spend anymore time on it. Easier to sell it for scrap and get another one. May not be the same situation in NZ, though.

CribbJ - I had a spare motor laying around for the customer so am swapping his externals onto it.
The vehicle has got a ugly cut down crown mid sump on it with reduced oil volume. I think the young owner had not been checking the oil so it was further reduced. He spent a period of time doing donuts (hoops , circles in other counties) so the oil was floating around the sides of the motor and continued the distruction with a third gear burnout on seal with big 4x4 tyres. At this point it was rattling and to complete the distruction he drove home.
There would be very little point trying to repair this motor. You can see what it looks like. Motors are also very cheap over here. I have many sitting around , most now have homes to go to. Cheers

If I'm seeing this right, it looks like No.1 rod had been 'disconnected' for some time! See the discolouration on the crank journal? You can see that where No.2 should be is fairly clean, while the part of the journal where No.1 rod used to be is all dirty & oil stained... Was running on 7 for a fair while me thinks.

I don't think I will bother trying to save the crank. Unsure if I will even bother trying to tidy up the heads. I may simply strip it apart and scrap the whole thing. I hate trying to make something good again when it has been this distroyed. There will be tiny metal fragments in every oil galary and often the cam journals get damaged from metal grinding fragments going through them. I have other spares laying around which are in far better condition. Cheers

Lexus version of mud pool at Rotorua ?? Lol...
haw haw haw on a serious note..was this motor sc'd? or standard and just plain abused ? I'd really like to know how this happened (timing belt jump a few teeth?)seeing as I do take mine to between 6-7 rpm when I loving it...lol also on a good note I do check the oil everytime I come back and check almost everything to make sure she's running sweet..I love the sound it make when you're on the loud peddle..lol cheers

Away from town for this one I think. The vehicle is known to use te rapa straight for annoying Low cars. He tends to drive over kerbs , banks , gardens etc. The truck has been rumored to have driven over the founders theatre roundabout. The Lake has barriers up everywhere now. Cheers

Aha .. Not out Huntly in a stock car ??? Forrest lake stadium was my fav saturday night place to go years ago..Team races from Auckland where awsome... Netball courts now!!!
Hamilton / Morrinsville is where I grew up on diary, Hangawera rd..