Project Thread SC470TT (VVTi) Twin Turbo Lexus SC400 with 4.7L Toyota Tundra Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Looks good David. I like coatings too, and think it's a good idea to do the exterior of the intake and the exterior of the fuel rails. The coatings are available in a variety of colors and some look nearly like fresh cast aluminum, so they're attractive, shield the intake from heat a bit, and protect the bare surface from corrosion.

Just as we try to keep the heat "in" the exhaust system, we should be looking for ways of keeping it "out" of the intake system.

Octapus or not.. Here is the TH400 installed. Due the Rod Plate is 5/8" thick, my initial TC was made for 3/8". So the TC hub is little short. Time to go back the shop and extend the hub a little. Here are some pictures. Once I again, I have to mod the plate a little.

Getting close now, David. What's your target date to fire it up?

The motor really does look mean as h*ll with those coated headers and turbine housings. Even if it does have a strong family resemblance to an octopus ;-)

remember to clean the coating before starting it becuase any oil on it will burn off the coating, just a heads up incase you didnt know.

Ok Guys,

Some updates. I have been trying to install the motor into the engine bay. The side by side clears but the passenger side down pipe was hitting the rack and pinion and the driver side also having little issue with the steering column too. I have to redo the down pipe and will take few additional weeks. However I did made some process. Intercooler was adjusted to be perfectly align side to side, front to back and left to right. I used a level to make sure all directions are level. I also bolt the intercooler brackets for the frame for solid mounting.

Today i carefully drilled two 2 1/2" holes on the side of the car to allow two 90 degrees aluminum pipe for the intercooler inlets. I want to make sure all work is clean and presentable.

Got some updates. I managed to install the TH400 transmission into the SC400 tunnel without any HAMMERING. I got my driveshaft marked and will take it to a local driveshaft shop to weld and balance it. I also have a chance to make a custom plate for the transmission support mount with the stock SC400 support beam.

I spent few hours working on the turbo mid pipe and little of the down pipes. However, I spent most of my time finishing the intercooling piping. The pipes fit very nicely and look fantastic.

Big tip for your turbo fasteners Lex...lose the spring washers!!!!!! In fact lose the bolt setup entirely, it will always come loose and give you no end of problems. Get some studs in there and then use the proper self locking exhaust nuts.

I have self lock high temp washers.

Lex, you have spring washers on there that WILL lose their temper. Trust me, what you have there will come lose. For the tiny extra effort and dollars tap the flange for studs and have a worry free setup.

As soon as it comes slightly loose the gasket will burn out and an engine bay fire become a real possibility as the escaping gases melt thru adjacent wiring etc....saw this just the other day on a WRX.

Your call but i have been there and there's only one way to correctly attach your turbo to the manifold...show me one single factory application that uses bolts?

damn that thing is going to sound NASTY!!! what kind of BOV is going in there? something heavy duty i assume?

Keep it comming Lex!!

BOV smov, all a BOV does is make a cute noise when vented and help keep things quieter when plumbed back. For 99% of turbo setups, that is all they do.