R154- vvti 1uz swap (factory ecu ok?)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tuning haus

If I were to do a manual swap on my vvti 1uz on a factory engine harness, would it drive ok? Would it throw any codes because the stock auto transmission was deleted?

How about for non vvti motors/ecu's?

Another option is try and get your hands on an early Toyota Crown ECU
from Japan. The early Ecu's had a seperate computer for the auto transmission. Toyota part #'s are 89661-30432 and 80661-30430, plug configuration is 26p 16p 22p. Everyone says that it's hard to find the harness for these computers but if memory serves me correctly, I got a computer harness that will fit the 1uz ecu out of an 89 or 90 4Runner. Now the colour code of the two harness is not the same, but with wiring diagrams from a Crown and a 4Runner of the proper years that's not a huge obstacle.

There is a way. My ECU in my Surf/4runner still thinks it has an auto behind it and the Surf is manual (stick shift for those in the good ol US of A) Motor is ex '93 SC400/Soarer and runs factory ECU, does not fire DTCs

anything can be done if they pay you enough money
hopefuly in afew weeks ill have a factory surf 2.4 deisel to test and figure
a way around using the surf 2.4 auto /4wd ecu with a 1uz engine and ecu
then people will pay me to wire there cars up using the old surf auto

thats been the downfall of the surfs with a deisel

u have to be carefull mixing and matching enigne and auto ecus
i have a 1uz to do at moemnt and they change the gbox to a different model 1uz
now this has cost another 330 bucks to get things working

so mixing and mathcing to me is a bad thing
if u have to mix and match and something fails down the track just makes it that little bit harder if you ever sell the car for the new owner to fix things

I've done a 5speed swap on 91supra without the ecu swap, but 1uz might be different.
I remember part of speedometer cable was swaped commpletely.

Would like to know this too, thats on my plan as well

99 % of ecus need to tricking to get it to work from auto to manual swap
reason there is alot fo crap around about tricking the ecu is most people many years ago
didnt know about wiring these up properly and most didnt figure out why
i have never had to trick an ecu
i do know that if its wired up wrong especially the start wiring it can lead to a 2500 rpm rev limit on some 1uzs and 1js mainly on conversions when people use the orig box for the car with the new engine
with later model cars the biggest problem is the speedo sensors etc etc
some cars the speedo signal comes from the abs and some from the rear of the gbox
if the car has a speedo signal form the abs then usually there is no speedo sensor on the box
well if u fit the box with no speedo sensor into a car which needs a sensor then u have to stuff around
getting engine to run is easy getting the rest of the car to work like facotry is the hardest thing

Not trying to thread hijack but I just bought avvt 1uz w/ ecu, harness and trans. If I swapped a 5 speed, could resistors be used to keep all trans sensors within range? I know the a341 has a TC lockup sensor, speed sensor and 1 more unidentified plug.

Personally I dont, but its planned to be my DD in southern california so smog would be the concern. I suppose Removing the MIL bulb would work to keep the annoying light out of the equation and I could swap the auto back in with OEM D-shaft for smog dates?