Newbie Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

muzza

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie so i need your help. I have a 1UZ that I am in the process of transplanting into my Toyota Landcruiser FJ40.

I bought the motor in a Celsior frontcut and over the past few days i have pulled the motor out of the frontcut, stripped the wiring harness and removed the auto transmission.

I ended up pulling the exhaust manifolds off and notice that the gaskets are steel.

My first question is can these be reused? Or should I track down some new ones.

My second questions is that I have found a split in the steel sump and so i'm going to have to remove the sump and have it repaired, is there anything to be wary of here? and will i need a new gasket when i re-fit the sump.

And my Final question for today..... Is there any reliable source of parts for these engines here in OZ.

Cheers

Muz

1UZ motor what to check/upgrade or Change

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help so far.

I check the spark plug leads and they are 1992 - this makes my motor 15yrs old, I have know idea of how many k's the motor has done, so what would you guys be checking, changing or upgrade while the motor is out and before putting it in the transplant patient?

I am definately looking at Timing Belt, but what else, considering I would like to get a few years trouble free out the motor once it is in.

Cheers

Muzza

Hmm ?? What was it running like ??
Was the valve gear noisy?? Maybe re shim?
I guess things like water pump??
Things that are pita to replace when engine is in car..
Deffenately new leads, caps, rotors etc..