Newbie here, few questions about trans...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

simcom

Hello,

I have few questions. I am a fresh user of LS so I need to know few things.
Sorry for my language... especially mistakes.

First of all I would like to know about any noise from tranny. When my engine is cold and even when it is hot , when I put to "D" I hear the transmission (continous noise, sqeek, slipping). (On neutral I here only engine). How to name this noise, sound...hmmm I dont really know how to explain this. The most important thing is that I hear it and that this is continous.

When I'm driving, I hear the same. Especially when the gear is changing and when I accelerate (every gear), it's continous but only to the moment tranny uses it's clutch. When I dont accelerate, drive with the same speed I here engine. When I hit gas pedal, I'm moving faster but the noise comes back again. It's something like slipping and noisy clutch in manual transmission, but not only for shifting - but for the whole process of accelerating on every gear...

I'm praying you know what I mean. because this is very hard to explain.Once again - sorry for my mistakes...

What can be wrong???

Are the clutch discs in bad condition or maybe the torqe converter??? And BTW, what gives me this performance TC. Please use basic words in this explanation otherwise I won't understand you.

Thanks for any answers.

My Best Regards
simcom

Good questions.... this will need a drive test to fully diagnose this problem.... there are multiple causes for this... possible... gearing, brake systems... rear end.. and lots more.... i would say take it to a shop and have them do a test drive on it......

I was thinking about this too, but the problem is that they won't know. Like always. Their system of repairing is similat to O - 1 process in computers. "We dont know this, wy will start changingparts untill this noise will stop". This is a way of thinking in Lexus Dealer, expecialy when we're talking about automatic transmissions.

What else can I say about tranny. It shifts good, reacts good...I feel and "hear" the shifting moments but this is rather normal isn't it?

I would like to know something more about this torque converter.
What are the advantages of your performance one comparing to mine. What will I fill, when I install your TC?????

Thanks for any answers.

has the fluid been changed recently in the auto. It sounds like what happens when you put Dex 3 in. Do you know when it was changed last? The fluid should be Toyota typeIV, any other fluid will cause similar symtoms to what you described.

There is almost 100% probability that AT oil was changed 2 months ago. I'm pretty sure it was, because fluid looks red and fresh. Unfortunatelly I cant say if the filter was changed. I had a new can of Toyotas ATV type IV so probably it is in the tranny now.

(I wrote "possibility, probablility" because I had problems with my mechanic, he turned out to be an idiot. Unfortunatelly I got this information too late...when the car was in his garage...)

Like I said fluid looks like new. Red and liittle brown. I'm sure that before I give him my car , the fluid was brown (old).

your sure the mechanic didnt just put dex 3 in? Most would. This is a fussy gearbox. I recommend a full flush(not just a pan drop)with type IV before any mechanical replacements.
Hope this helps

What does exacly mean the full flush?????What should I pour there???

I was in the AT service yesterday, they said there can be few thing broken, or just a bad oil or filter.

They have to take of a pan, then look a t it, and if there are some very small metal pieces, there is a high probablily that "planetary gear" is broken or just used to much.

If there will be no pieces, it can be a TC or clutches...

This is what I know now...I have to buy new oil again...it costs something about 100$per can...Ups...And I wanted top save some money for holiday....

it should take about 12 litres to fully flush the trans. Did you get that price from Toyota? The fluid needs to be pumped into the trans cooler line at the same time as draining out the other line. Find a mechanic familiar with these cars if youre not sure. The pan and filter can be checked at the same time I guess, just wash filter and replace.

I'm prom Poland and here we have to pay over 100$ for Toyota's 4L. ATF IV type. And I have this price from toyota dealer.

Please, I would like to know what gives me this performance torque converter. I aksed yoy and you didn't aswer. Please use the most simple words to explain this. (like to the child):D