Need Help 1UZ TT not running smooth

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jessy

Hi everyone,

I have several concerns about my swap 1UZ TT, and I would need some help to figure out some little things...

I have tried to search throughout all the forum with no luck (or maybe I didn't go deep enough ? ), so this is why this post.

This is my setup in my car :
Wa7NxTl.jpg

An this is how my car does run at the moment :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO5xf2rLkUE&feature=player_embedded

(You can notice some problems while accelerating)

1) I have designed my fuel system like this :
8UjEcLA.png

But is that a safe fuel system design ?

Some others told me to switch into this configuration :
FnAMUJR.png

What do you think about that ?

2) I would like to know what would be the best purpose of each vacuum port ?
0m2cmud.png

Besides, I don't know where do this port under the intake manifold should be connected to ?
krcYvCR.jpg

3) How would you mount an OCT on this engine with twin turbo ? I have found this kind of diagram,
but what do you think of this on a 1UZ and how would you do it ?

Again, thank You in advance ! I will appreciate any help here !

That port is for the cold start injector.

Thank You very much for this info Bushwhacker ! So can the intake manifold can leak from here if there's nothing connected? Or is there like a diaphragm inside ?
If I have no more OEM fuel rail, how this should be connected (if needed at all...) ?

NOTE :
To complete what I stated above : I detected one more vacuum port on the throttle body.

Ok, just a little add : My ECU is tuned to inject more fuel while in cold start, so no need for this cold start injector (CSI) anymore. Will put a grommet plug on it. :)

what ems are you running? who tuned it?
I run a HKS Fcon VPro v2.1, and I have a v3.2 to install (have to convert the map, and set things on the board)
It was professionally tuned in Bangkok... But I still need to do some tuning on it as the map is very safe (injecting a little too much gas)

I am still wondering... Should I put a crossover between the fuel rails ? Or should I feed each rail with one separate An-8 Hose ?
Given that I have only one AN-8 line coming from the surge tank.
Everything is apart in my garage, so I can make all the mods necessary, but I still can't make up my mind...

So can the intake manifold can leak from here if there's nothing connected? Or is there like a diaphragm inside ?

Hi Jessy,
There is nothing blocking that port off.
If you stick your finger through the hole you can see it by looking into where the throttle body bolts on.
You will need to seal it off really well as it sees both boost & vac.
On my engine I welded in a bung & tapped it for the intake air temp sensor as it is in direct line from the throttle body & sees air coming directly from the intercooler.
Cheers.

Hi Jessy,
There is nothing blocking that port off.
If you stick your finger through the hole you can see it by looking into where the throttle body bolts on.
You will need to seal it off really well as it sees both boost & vac.
On my engine I welded in a bung & tapped it for the intake air temp sensor as it is in direct line from the throttle body & sees air coming directly from the intercooler.
Cheers.
Oh gosh !

Thanks a ton for this ! I did not realize that... Maybe that was one of my mistakes...

As for the vacuum diagram, this is how I connected it :

7548070m2cmud.png

I once connected the FPR boost reference to the black crossed port (in Orange behind the intake), but the engine did not start well back then with that, and now it starts anytime really quickly... maybe I missed something here...

As for the OCT, this is what I found so far :
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f661/occ-crankcase-pressure-testing-diaries-141095/

Or

http://ls1tech.com/forums/11059703-post70.html

But I Still to figure out the good way to mount it on a twin turbo V8...