MR2 SW20 V8 swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yea, I hope those are installed before I come down there to wire things up ;) . As for the AEM standallone, Yea I can install that for you but you should call me to discuss what your plans are with that. It wont be much more work but it will require a few extras. So far on kareems car I have used WELL over 120 ft of wire just for sensors. That doesnt include the power wires for the alternator or wireing to the dash!

well Node I am possitive I will have the clutch, flywheel installed when you get here! I was hoping to have power at my garage last month but its gonna be next month before I can! :( anyways I have to source a E153 tranny from a solara and TRD or stock 93 LSD for my trans. In the meantime Im going to bolt up the adapter to the bell housing to drill the holes so once I get the gears in the trans its ready to bolt to the motor! Second issue is the alt location! I will address that issue soon!

This was last weekend...
100_3216.jpg

I have my underdrive pulley, and my adapter, and my flywheel!

This week I must...

Machine the flywheel and add ring gear from SC400 (lots of work for someone like me).
Machine the adapter plate, counter boring some holes, then counter sinking the other holes, and a possible resurface jsut to be on the safe side!
I ordered my LSD transmission and axles this week (money is all gone :()

Hopefully this week I can get the flywheel and adapter done! Then next week the trans will come! THOSE PARTS WILL BE DONE AND READY FOR THE INSTALL!!!!

Next hurdle is the headers, alternator, and motor mounts!

More eye candy...
100_3239.jpg
100_3250.jpg

100_3295.jpg

the flywheel is finished!!!!! The ring gear was cut off the factory starter plate and then pressed and spot welded to the flywheel disk.... so this is what happened next.

100_3279.jpg

One last picture with the Spec Stage 3 clutch pressure plate sitting on the finished product!

100_3280.jpg

sorry from the lack of progress, I've taken a break from working on the cars to enjoy driving the s2000 with the top down.... Anyways I am scared! I dont think I want to do a 1uzfe 4.0 swap anymore!

.... I want a 3uzfe SC430 engine instead! I want VVTIL! with a motor making more than 300bhp and 325btq in stock trim! I also saw the GS430 is 300bhp and 0 to 60 is 5.7 in a heavy ass car!

Shoot, just take the distributor caps off the 1UZ and convert it to COP ignition. It's already got the crank & cam pickups. You can get a 1UZ on eBay for $400-$600.

A 3UZ would probably run you 5x that, if you can find one.

John

Lowboost,

Finish the 1UZ swap so you can prove it all works and shake out the bugs.

Then you can swap to the 3UZ pretty easily.

I think the 3UZ is as long as the 1UZ as the covers over the cam pulleys are almost as tall.

lextreme... its people likee you that keep me motivated! You have been so good to me! I would seriously allow if you flew here to stay at my apartment and drive my MR2 around when its all finished! I will be sure to give you credit for all the parts and help and mostly INFO youve provided me, just for the love of this motor and power in general! Thanks sincerely from myself!

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Today I put my flywheel on, it was to close that the starter gear was touching the flywheel gear, can someone please tell me how man MM the starter gear should be from the flywheel? I think I was missing my plate spacer, now when I use pliers I can pull the gear to the flywheel, but they get sorta stuck, it still might be to close. THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO is take that thing right back out of the car over something so simple. So if anyone has a 1UZ with the torque converter still on it I'd appreciate a measure.