MR2 SW20 V8 swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lowboost

For some reason my thread was deleted or came up missing now. Anyways, I've got some pics of the lexus and of the transmission Im using from the SW20. Im going to cut off some the E153 and graft the SC400 bellhousing on.

cutranny.JPG

Does anyone have any pics of a SC400 tranny and also is willing to take some measurements for me? From the shaft to the bellhousing? Thanks in advance! I've got my SC400 in my garage finally, and Im going to start taking taking the SC400 apart this week.

100_0160.JPG

100_0138.JPG

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/jeffscar/100_0198.MOV.html

Jeff

I have them in CAD, I will check my files at work tomorrow and post them for you. Here are some bell housing pics if they help.

I think, from what i have heard the mr2 gearbox's run the same gearing as the W5* series gearboxes, mite pay to check but i think you can also upgrade the input bearing to the same one as the W58 which should make it a bit stronger for the 1UZ.

Before you pull the LS400 apart get the motor running.

This way you will know it all runs OK so any future problem eliminates the engine or its sensors as the culprit. I guess I'm saying if it doesn't run right in thr MR2 you mucked up the wiring.

LOWBOY NZ, thanks for searching the measurements for me! It will speed up the design process for me somewhat. I'm in the process of taking the motor out this weekend hopefully, if the weather permits and I finish working on the MR2 i have in the shop first. I say weather, due to I dont have the power turned on in my 3 car garage yet!

Jeff

Hey Lowboost,

Here is what i have drawn up in CAD to set up my clutch. I hope this is what you were looking for. If it hasnt reduced the scale is 1:2

which pinion?? You have your input shaft with the spline with the sliding shaft collar over it?? I think I get what you mean, you are just going to cut your bellhousing and weld the 1UZ bellhousing engine side on to it??

I could do it in CAD but would need a pretty accurate drawing of your SW20 bellhousing and the 1UZ bellhousing then some dead accurate dimentions to go off.

yeah I dont have all the measurements, and would loved and paid for help with someone using cad. However, I just wanted an estimated measurement of the pinion to the bellhousing to see how much the sizes were different. I've seen adapter plates so far and they are almost dead on, but as of now I dont know.

jeff

Update: 10/16/2005

Well after a week of getting the cars into the garage, I had some time this weekend to start working on them! I consider this day one since I just started actually working on them. The morning started out bad when a tree limb fell on my integra damaging the back half of it as well as my jack took a dump on me and wouldnt work! Once we started working we got the motor out within 2 hours.
100_0224.JPG

Here below is a picture of the Non-turbo engine that had thrown two rods, let me say! what a mess! We had a time taking off the oil pan due to a rod destorting it and some bolts!
100_0227.JPG

heres pretty much all we've accomplished :(, we took off all of the rear suspension and cross member out, since I will have to have a custom one made anyways.
100_0230.JPG

We did make time after dinner to take out the back seat in the SC400. I have taken out the rear speakers and a few panels. Those parts will be listed on ebay after I list a few on here first to see if anyone here would need them more.

Im going to clean up the garage again today, and take some more parts off the SC400. Stay tuned!

Jeff

Zuffen,

I would but i just installed my box back into my ute and i cant remember what i did with that info. If you have sketches with dimentions e-mail them to me and i'll see if i can CAD it up for you.

I hope my information CD arrives before I start attempting to remove the SC400, I've taken off the crusie so far lol what a job hahhaa, I really dont wanna drop the rear cross member, so you guys think this is possible? This coming weekend I should hopefully have the motor out. First off Im going to take out the raidator and unhook the AC lines and drop the driveshaft. The small things I know need to be done to remove this mamoth of a motor!

Stay Tuned,
Jeff