Auto cross/Road Racing car ... 91 MR2 with a 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gte

Has anyone done this swap, or have any idea on what to anticipate?

I'd like to take a manual mr2 non turbo and put a 1uz in it, raise the compression and do some 'bang for the buck' mods and see what kind of n/a power I can get out of it for cheap ... maybe fabricate some headers for it and some cams if I can find them inexpensive enough.

Other than that, I'd like to throw some tire and suspension under it and see how she does

What do you all think? I'm new to autocross/road racing and would like to have a torquey liteweight car to practice with. I don't think it would increase the overall curb weight of 2700 pounds much.

Thoughts/Input?

There was a guy named lowboost ventured into the route, but it was almost done. However, that project was never finished. Perhaps he can jump in and post some Dos and Donts.

I think the biggest problem was the tranny.

here I is....

Whats up, I'm going to be doing the 1uzfe into an MR2 in the future (hopefully a few months) I halted my earlier project because time and money, but of which I still dont have... but I'm going to be doing it in a full out tube framed MR2....

I have a spare adapter plate (for the MR2 turbo tranny) and flywheel for the 1uz (but clutch would be an MR2 type).

email me if your interested.

[email protected]