mpg KM/L after swap?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
We need to know what sort of vehicle you're referring to.

I now 17litres per 100km out of my Rover at 120kmh (freeway driving) whereas with the Rover engine it would use 22litres.

We need to know what sort of vehicle you're referring to.

I now 17litres per 100km out of my Rover at 120kmh (freeway driving) whereas with the Rover engine it would use 22litres.

Zuffen,
It's just a Rover.:laughing: .lol.no harm intended but hey..brits didn't exactly make good stuff..The Lex i would imagine would be around 13 or even less depending on the foot..someone want to correct me go ahead,i'm just comparing to the XR8 Ute:nutkick: i have (5Ltr) and that does around that..and yes it is a Ford..:fest30:

I found this searching mpg conversion for those interested..I wasn't far off..:tongue:

Converting this is harder than it sounds, since the standard metric measure
is fuel consumption (liters per 100 kilometers, or l/100km), not fuel
economy as in the US (mpg, which is a distance per unit of fuel).

Top convert mpg to l/100km, divide 235.215 by the mpg.

That is, more loosely, 235/(mpg) = (l/100km).

For example:
18 mpg = 13.1 l/100km
15 mpg = 15.7 l/100km
12 mpg = 19.6 l/100km
10 mpg = 23.5 l/100km
9 mpg = 26.1 l/100km

Note that a lower number is better in l/100km (since it's fuel used to
travel a fixed distance), and the two inverse scales of mpg and l/100km
cross at roughly 15.3.

Why no one has ever developed a shorthand term for l/100km (like lpk or
something) escapes me...

For the original question, my '67 (same engine as the '66) in normal driving
gets about 11 mpg around town and 14 mpg on the open highway. Or about the
same as my modern Jeep...

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon

Enjoy..

I found this page that converts it.
http://www.vangeyn.net/mpg/

I have a 95 4Runner,with the 3.0 and a cracked head, and am considering swapping in the 1UZ, wondered what fuel consumption I could expect.

One of my friends is trying to get my to swap in a V-W 1.9 turbodiesel instead of the 1uz.

thanks for the link to the thread about fuel consumption. I searched but didnt find that one.

I found this page that converts it.
http://www.vangeyn.net/mpg/

I have a 95 4Wd 4Runner,with the 3.0 and a cracked head, and am considering an engine swap, my top contenders are the 1UZ, the Ford 5.0 and the Vw 1.9 turbodiesel. wondered what fuel consumption I could expect with the 1UZ.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each engine.

The 1UZ would be lighter with roughly the same power as the 5.0 Ford, and keep my truck all Toyota, but ive transplanted the ford 5.0 before and I know its very easy swap, and the Ford will run with every sensor unplugged, as long as the ECM is there.

The V-W would cost a little more initially but should get great mpg, so when gas costs $5-6 a gallon,(just a matter of time in my opinion) it wont be so expensive to drive it.

i also have a 96 4WD 4runner with the 3.4 and I get 16 mpg in town and 19 hwy.

I figured the turbodiesel would get 25-30 in city and 35ish hwy driving, since in Mrs Roundhouse's beetle it gets 41 city and 48 hwy. I estimated that the extra weight of the runner would knock off 10 mpg.

just having tough time deciding, the other option is to just part out the truck, probably the best thing to do, but theres nothing wrong besides the engine.

Remember MrRoundhouse, that power to weight is everything when choosing the right engine..the ford/lex would be good but the little diesel would probably be under powered and then you would be kicking yourself when going up a hill or trying to overtake someone:15: especially when comparing the beatle and lux..totally different wagons..Go the lex:fest30: ..might be a little fiddly but at the end of the day it is way better technology compared to the ford:15: and would probably be more reliable too if setup correctly and as you said it is lighter..
Cheers K:nutkick: