manual transmission adapter for the r154 to 1uz conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotasrfun

hello.. yes i know.. lots of threads about this drivetrain stuff.. mating an r154 to a 1uz.. so far i know there is a bellhousing kit available by various company's out there
is there a such thing as an adapter plate that bolts to the exhisting supra turbo r154 bellhousing that mates that housing to the 1uz?
if so what other parts are needed?
do i use the r154 clutch?
what flywheel do i use?
what do i do about the clutch master?
fork?.. all that fun stuff?
if anyone has knowledge about this stuff i'de appreciate a hand!
thanks
i was told this idea exhists and was wondering a little more about it.. trying to keep the options open mating an r154 to a 1uz.. that's all
please be patient with me.. i'm still young..ish and very excited!

forgive me if this is a stupid question but ive only just started research for this. but what is a JZ bell housing, lol dont get me wwrong i knwo wha a bell housing is but what car do i find a JZ in?

Also im in the UK so shipping would be interesting for the plate

John

No, you NEED to have the bellhousing to suit a JZ motor.

Its ~20mm shorter, so they were able to make a 20mm thick adaptor plate to put between it and the UZ.

The M series bellhousings will not work.

The R154 itself from the MA70 will work, but you will need to source a JZA70 or JZX90/JZX100 bellhousing.

argh.. that makes this idea not worth it for me.. after getting a 1jz bellhousing and all that fun stuff to go along with it.. it would end up costing about what a kit woudl cost in the first place.. ah man?!.. i guess it was better my parade got rained on early rather than later.. it would suck having parts in hand and finding this out!
thanks for the info!
much appreciated!

talk to Phil Brandshaw, IIRC he has an adapter that bolts the R154 to the stock 1UZ auto bellhousing.

i think that's a pretty neat idea!
i'll have to contact Phil and find out more about making this work.
i'll post up what i find out
i figure that way EVERYONE has more options when mating the 1uz to an r154
i'm sure many people are interested.. at the very least.. i'm opening up a world of options for myself! anyway!
i'll post up what i can find.. hope all works out for the best!

i think that's a pretty neat idea!
i'll have to contact Phil and find out more about making this work.
i'll post up what i find out
i figure that way EVERYONE has more options when mating the 1uz to an r154
i'm sure many people are interested.. at the very least.. i'm opening up a world of options for myself! anyway!
i'll post up what i can find.. hope all works out for the best!

Cool ill keep an eye out for you next port then, i gave them an email but still havent herd back...... :(

alright guys.. i got ahold of Phil, unfortunately he's going to be kinda busy for the next few weeks, as soon as he's not though he should email me
his setup uses a hydraulic clutch assembly.. looking to find more about that!
could definately be something worth looking into! and also another option in the ongoing manual transmission conversion problem
anyhow
hoping to get a reply back soon, i'll post up as soon as i can.. with permission of course:D

The hydraulic slave and bearing assembly is a Howe Racing unit. I know in the states, they are pretty cheap. By using this, there is no need for a release fork or a external slave cylinder being that the that it is a hydraulic bearing assembly. The only problem that I found with it the way that it comes is the bearing that is on it is wrong and needs to be changed. Also, an anti rotation stud need to be made. The things to make it work are very easy to do. Unfurtunitly at the moment, I do not have the numbers handy on the assembly and the different bearing number. I am not sure if Phil ended up putting a kit together, cause he was having a problem getting the bearing assembly and the different bearing in NZ. If anyone that goes this route needs, let me know and I can get the bearing local and make the anti-rotator stud for you. The bearing assembly can be bought from any of the big performance warehouses. I fond that Summit Racing had the best price on it and had it in stock so got it fairly quick.

Here is the bearing assembly.
HydraulicStock.jpg

The Howe racing number is #82870

Like I said earlier, the bearing itself is wrong and the anti-rotation studs are wrong also for the application. The bearing that you need is a rounded face bearing where as the one that comes on there is a flat face bearing. The bearing that I got for mine is an NSK and the number is TK45-4BU3S, there is also a short number which is RB-1003. The bearing is pressed on to the main body of the hydraulic assembly. Simple to change with a hydraulic press. As for the stud, basically you need what is showed in the picture, but it need a 8mm x 1.25 thread section.

I actually spoke with Howe Racing and recommended that they start either selling the unit with no bearing at a reduced cost or with the bearing that I used. They said that they didn't feel that there was enough of a demand for it being that majority of the people that use them are american muscle car and hotrod guys which in there case, the flat face bearing is what is needed, but they would look into it.