Making the car faster with out hp gains?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have successfully reduced 200lbs off my SC400 from stock and would like to share..

1) Alluminum light weight Rims and tires 50lbs reduction off stock..
2) Eiback springs and shocks 10lbs
3) 10 changer CD, spare tire and jack removal 75lbs
4) Deletion of hydro pump, fluid, cooler, pipes 30lbs
5) Optima battery 10lbs...
6) Underbody weather crap and covers 10lbs
7) Inside Door paneling 10lbs

8) I went from 225lbs down to 195lbs with proper dieting and excersize He He..

I have successfully reduced 200lbs off my SC400 from stock and would like to share..

1) Alluminum light weight Rims and tires 50lbs reduction off stock..
2) Eiback springs and shocks 10lbs
3) 10 changer CD, spare tire and jack removal 75lbs
4) Deletion of hydro pump, fluid, cooler, pipes 30lbs
5) Optima battery 10lbs...
6) Underbody weather crap and covers 10lbs
7) Inside Door paneling 10lbs

8) I went from 225lbs down to 195lbs with proper dieting and excersize He He..

so you dont have door panels at all? show us pics of your interior.

No, I cut out alot of the inside door metal sheeting and the strengthening center bar which I think is useless unless you are involved in a side collision.....I had to keep the door paneling intact... My doors a bit weaker but you really can't tell...Hopefully they won't get any flex going over time as I don't think they will..... They are still very solid..

The door panelling weighs alot too, but I don't want to disturb the interior looks of my ride...

However, If you were to gut the doors and pre-fab some outside molding or door covers you could concievably drop 40lbs or more off each door... These doors weight alot... When every you can drop close to 100lbs off the car you need to consider it...

Carbon fiber hood and trunk
Door gutting
Racing seats

Could potentially drop 200-250lbs just with those three... That will make the car move a bit faster for sure...

Combined 500lbs of weight reduction off of stock on an SC400 would surely make a noticeable difference in performance, no? I have thought about it...However, the door alterations and seat swaps would surely ruin the interior looks of the ride.. It's defenitely a give and take...

Yeah but the replacement seat weight is around 35lbs each or maybe a little less...Unless you decide remove the passenger side seat all together and squate or sit on a plastic crate you are still only dropping about 80lbs...

Well maybe having just one racing seat on the driver side and no passenger seat and no rear seats you maybe able to remove 150lbs or so...Not too shabby.

I agree, I wouldn't remove the door crash bar without having a cage in the car, especially if it's a street driven car. Anything can happen on the street and although that bar doesn't look like much, it will still help a lot in a side impact.

And the logic that replacing the seats is only saving 80lbs? I thought you were trying to save weight. What seats were you thinking of putting in there? I'm guessing something reclineable if it weighs 35lbs.

And I didn't read through the whole thread, but there are tons of ways to lose weight on a car. I lost about 600lbs on an Mk3 supra without really spending any money. It's gutted though and its a race car, so I'm sure there's a lot that I removed that others wouldn't. But there's a lot you can do and still keep some creature comforts. If you don't mind the noise, you can remove all the sound deadening from the floor and then put the carpet back down so it will still look nice. Obviously lighter weight components. It just depends on how far you want to take, how much you want to spend and what you want the car to be like.

Tim

Usually changing to shorter final drive helps on heavy-sh cars. Especially when equipped with automatic.. We usually put bigger dia wheels on our cars which doesn't always help performance...

I think taking out the "strengthening center bar" (side intrusion bar) is a very bad idea Jibby. Toyota put it there for a reason mate

Yeah, I am aware that Toyota put that side bar in to reduce injury from severe side impacts from the door colapsing in ... However, the bar actually is positioned across the car door located around your hip area... With the bar removal, the doors still seems very solid... I just don't think I will experience a low side impact collision where that bar will save my life... The bar may help a little but not as much as one would think... The actuator, locking and electrical, and moldings offer enough protection for me.. When a door is hit in the side it's usually pushed into the seat area and then towards the center counsel.. With or without the bar the door is still coming your way... How do I know this? I was hit very hard in the side years ago on the passenger side door area in another SC400... An older Cadilac with a young driver ran a red light a slammed into me, and sent me flying.. The passenger side door was completely pushed into the seat and towards the center counsil...The bar did not help at all from what I witnessed... Just my take and that is why I did what I did...No regrets so far...

If a truck or SUV hits you I guarantee that bar will not play a roll in anything...The impact from the SUV and or truck bumber is too high...

By Law every vehicle sold in Australia must have side intrusion bars fitted and signed off by an engineer to the effect it will stop the door intruding into the cockpit.

We were the first country in the world to make them compulsory.

The test is the equivalent of swinging a 2 tonne telegraph pole into the door. Those little intrusion bars stop the door shortening and then being pushed through the door opening.

Sure the whole side of the car may come and join you with the door but now you're talking major accidents.

I think its removal is a bad move.

Zuffen - Are my posts that alarming and disturbing? Does insanity really reflect in ones posts? I guess that does explain it then...

XR8tt - If someone gets injured I will sew you.... Sew everybody.... Sew Lextreme if need be....

Jib,

Please don't sew me as I don't like needles.

Now if you plan to sue me I don't own anything it's all in my wife's name and safe from legal action!

I don't even own my clothes.

Ahhh, the financial umbrella shield "the wife"... Off shore accounts, hidden corporations, living trusts, I've seen it all... Zuffen you are a smart man, but I will find you and your assets... You can run but you can't hide...

Sewage.....