making a fly wheel question..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

ok..maybe if i get no joy in buying a flywheel,(no speed shops down under will give me a quote!) i will get one made...

so what material should the machine shop use and is it ok to have it made so that it fits ontop of the existing flexiplate,(but mounted via the crank bolts NOT the holes where the torque converter used to mount) so that i dont have to worry about the ring gear,(thus saving a bit of cash,) and prehaps allow me to increase the overall dia thus allowing me to fit a nice large clutch plate.. (yes it would need longer crank bolts)..it would also be more proud of the block, but that would be good as i will need an adapter plate to match it up to the landrover gearbox..
also whats the minimum thickness it would need to be to be safe..its going in a 4x4 so i really need a heavyish flywheel.

thanks

just to let you know, i am keen..i have 3 weeks to get the car drivable as the workdshop i am in is being demolished!adapter plate made,now for engine mounts..

original question still stands..(unless someone sells me one????oh pretty please)

Flywheel

If u have no luck with a flywheel over here in the uk you could try Phil Bradshaw in NZ, I got my billet steel flywheel from him with a "V heavy duty clutch" to suit and everything bolts up great. I am using Hilux surf G'box in my Hilux so might be different for you if its going in a Landrover.Cheers,
Chris

..thanks for peoples help....

now have custom flywheel on way to me (well on machine shops cnc mill.)

to mate on to 1uz and my rangie clutch, made up in west mids UK by racing engineers, teeth directly cut into flywheel,

worked out cheaper in the long run than getting one from down under, shipped here and then modded to fit my gearbox and clutch..

now..do i turbo it while waiting for flywheel??