Making 600+ on an early 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Boostage

Im looking into getting a 91 1uz for a TT setup now Im not new to Motors or turbos. currently I have a 580rwhp 1jz. Im hoping to get 600+ out of the 1uz, I figure if the compression is lowered to around 9:1 and I use ARP bolts in the rods and keep RPMS under 6200 it SHOULD hold that much power. I cant see why it wouldn't, but I have never seen more than 400 or so on a stock internal 1uz.

Has anyone actually made this kind of power?

question, why on earth would you want to keep it under 6200rpm? You are going to have a hard time making that kind of HP with a 6200rpm limit.

These motors can EASILY handle 7500rpm, I would set that at your limit.

A few things required....

cams
boost
fuel
ecu

With these 4 items it is easly doable. Leave out one, no go.

head studs are recommended, but I am going to try to push the limits of the stock ones.

My personal goal is for around 550rwhp. The reason for the limit is that the car would actually probably do slightly over 600rwhp but the supercharger is going to draw 70hp if not more. Turbo's would be a much better route to go if power is your goal. I chose supercharger just to do something I haven't done before.

Yeah i've made 550rwhp from a totally stock UZ ;) I doubt i would have lasted long at that hp though.

500hp flywheel is a walk in the park though. Leave engine stock and bolt on turbos, good ECU and support systems and my setup (FS BTW) ran this way for a solid 5 years of street and track work.

the Reason for the 6200 rpm limit is because I want to keep stock cams and I know stock cams wont make power past 6200, the reason I want to keep stock cams is for the Lexus idle. the chassis will be a 2002 e39 BMW 5 series. so I want the quiet sleeper and luxury idle.

So are you saying the valvetrain,bearings, oil pump, rods + bolts are able to withstand 7500 rpms? then again the stroke is a bit shorter than the 2jz which can run up to 7500 rpm without an issue. Im curious to know why there are not many good examples of 1uz's making past 450 if they can handle the power?

And the few that I do see making LOW 400's dont seem to rev past stock redline. is it really a known fact that these motors are as durable as you say?

My system is fairly primative but still makes 384rwhp.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10755&highlight=uzn130

The dyno graph can be seen here when you scrowl down a bit

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/pages/The-Cartune-Company-2003-Ltd/233919699117?ref=ts

Peck power is between 5000 and 5500 and while it still makes plenty of power after peak the power does start to drop off. I feel this is due to cams and intake manifold. My internals are completely stock. I have turbo , injectors and ECU. I think its best to make the turbo work best where the engine works best - 3 to 5ish. Of coarse justin has done far more development of his system and is pretty much the expert on this. Mine was thrown together and driven.

I have seen too many stock motors fall to pieces when revved hard.

Cheers

what size is your turbo?

If you plan on the 600rwhp range and a 6200rpm limit, you are going to need a big turbo. Too small and the boost will have to be too high to overcome the amount of air the engine can swallow. This will cause the turbo to become less and less effecient. I suggest no smaller than a 70mm turbo, and personally go with a 72-74mm. Anything smaller just wont do with stock cams.

Change the cams to turbo specific.. With there wide LSA there's little overlap and idle quality is near std..
You'll have to upgrade the valve springs with boost anyway..
std spring tension is only 55Lb seat...
Atleast port the lower section manifold ...
Yes two T3/4 hybrids will work...Keep exhaust trim low for good response...