Making the car faster with out hp gains?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yep I run a T5 for years with turbo 5.0 .. I knew it was the weak link !!
I latter sold it and replaced with Tremec TKO..
Just take a suspect box easy on shock loading and watch joins, pot holes on road. Don't accelerate hard over them, shocking trans..

Curious, how about wheel hop from spinout acceleration at times? Does that effect a transmission in any regard to breakage or is it just hard on the driveshafts?

Never thought about wheel hop and transmission failure being related..... I have very sensitive throttle response with my torque converter stall rate and intake, so I get pop starts and gripping snap starts all the time with my heavy foot and that can really jolt the drivetrain... Infact, I personally have had so many drivetrain failures with this SC400 of mine in the last 3 years....

Here's the list.. 2 trannies, 1 driveshaft, one rear spindle, rear bushings, broken stock wheel stud bolts, 1 wheel bearing replacement....Now I am currently getting new rearend vibration and noise which has got me concerned about LSD failure or an out of balance driveshaft.... I am sure multiple launches under the Nitrous contributes to all these failures..

What's funny no one else has experienced or reported any of these problems and failuers with there SC4's under boost with much more HP then me?? Go figure???? NOS kills I guess and offers up alot of torque to boot.....

On the subject of weight loss, what is the black box situated near the power antenna on ls400's can i chuck it out. and does the radio still get reception if the antenna is always down because i want to remove it to counteract the weight of the lpg tank to some extent

Attachments

• 1UZ Specs.jpg
    1UZ Specs.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 1UZ Pwr.jpg
    1UZ Pwr.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
Jibby, from the info I have gathered from those with the A340, or a version of it on a boosted 2j or 1UZ, it is the second gear sprag that has the biggest challenge in maintaining while slamming the pedal. If you are spinning in first with no traction and shift to second, that appears to be when you have the greatest chance of tranny failure. It has been recommended to me that the car should have traction when under hard load and shifting to second to minimize the chance of breaking the sprag.

Now this is also on the BL Built tranny in each case. For the stock tranny, I could not tell you about that, and in either case, I have no experience yet. But hopefully soon...

Ryan

Curious, how about wheel hop from spinout acceleration at times? Does that effect a transmission in any regard to breakage or is it just hard on the driveshafts?

Never thought about wheel hop and transmission failure being related..... I have very sensitive throttle response with my torque converter stall rate and intake, so I get pop starts and gripping snap starts all the time with my heavy foot and that can really jolt the drivetrain... Infact, I personally have had so many drivetrain failures with this SC400 of mine in the last 3 years....

Here's the list.. 2 trannies, 1 driveshaft, one rear spindle, rear bushings, broken stock wheel stud bolts, 1 wheel bearing replacement....Now I am currently getting new rearend vibration and noise which has got me concerned about LSD failure or an out of balance driveshaft.... I am sure multiple launches under the Nitrous contributes to all these failures..

What's funny no one else has experienced or reported any of these problems and failuers with there SC4's under boost with much more HP then me?? Go figure???? NOS kills I guess and offers up alot of torque to boot.....

Hey Ryan - You and I both wasted a tranny in second gear as I remember your story... One of my prior transmissions failed just as you described, spinning thru first gear, then snap, ghost in second when gripped... Transmission killed....

On a good note - Luckly they are dirt cheap to replace... Last tranny install cost me exactly $500 in total.. $300 for the used tranny and $200 for the install which included a new rear main seal...

White LS400 - that sounds like the fuse box you are describing (black box).. Obviously you don't want to remove that if that's the case......