Low Mount Turbos with Top Mount Intercooler

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Bad turbos... bad oil seals.. and oil return problem..... i think if i had good turbos, oil return would not be a problem...

Attachments

• TC34EController.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 14
i dont think it would be a good idea to run a top mount intercooler in a high performance application as you get a lot of heat soak from the engine. WRX suffer from this quite bad.
why were you looking at running a top mount ??

I'm not entirely sure how much room there is in the engine bay, but perhaps a small topmount setup mounted sideways right before the intake manifold with heatsheilds to protect it from all the heat in the engine bay from everything between the turbo and intake manifold on single turbo setups.

Just an idea:dunno:

top mount = bad solution, the Subarus WRC team isn´t using them, they go Front mount on their race car because of heat problems.

If you have problems with space, go for a water to air intercooler, skip the top mount, heat rises and a hood scoop that builds pressure inside the enginebay often also makes your main radiator less efficient.

Top-mount is the worst place to place an intercooler. The OEMs that have used top-mounts typically did it for packaging, throttle response, and cost. Take the RX-7 for instance, if you look at the aerodynamic profile of the FC, the scoop is actually at a low-pressure spot... which would be the case with most scoops on most TMIC setups.

Low turbos would also aggravate the oil drain problem as well. The turbos MUST be placed above the oil pan, though I really don't know how low you were planning on going.