Lets talk tranny

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

wwy059

Transmission Yoke

I got my engine and transmission pulled today and I noticed the yoke has a little backlash on the spline to yoke. Is this normal for the Sc 400 Tranny?

324.5 with 8 psi. I am waiting for ARP head studs so i can put in a thicker copper gaskets and increase boost to 15 or so. I think the A341E tranny should able to handle 500-600 rwhp as long as no abuse.
so what copper gaskets are you using? where can i get some and how much? maybe a group buy would be cool as im sure i am not the only one needing some? i already have the arp studs from the last g-b.

wow talk about reviving a dead one...

Lextreme has them under products. The gaskets are Cometic MLS (multi layer steel) an has oem and lower comp thicknesses. He has all the ARP hardware there too. I ran with oem MLS gaskets with std ARP head studs. I torqued a little more than spec (higher spec hardware + HG's) to 75ft/lb and haven't had any issues at 7psi.

As for my a341e it's never been cracked opened and serviced (rebuilt) and has 205,000 on it. I bought the car with 125,000 and drove her it real hard for another 50,000. At 175,000 I added the blower and head gaskets went right after from ill tuning but sorted out now. The tranny has never acted up since I bought it just flushed on regular intervals. I'm with Lex on this one, because of the cheapness of a341e I would smile at a dead one... most likely source a $300used and rebuilt with a big.... FAT... truck drivers' T-cooler and stronger internals. I don't see 500rwhp in my daily driver real soon.:eek13:

I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

I was making 320rwhp BEFORE a smaller pulley on the Vortech, headers and 2.5 inch exhaust. Don't know what I'm making now but I bet it's a fair bit above 350rwhp, possibly getting to 400. Need to re-dyno I guess.

Anyway, I've made 70+ 1/8 and 1/4 passes and so far so good. Current best 1/8 time is 8.285 which should be a flat 12.8 or less. The only problem I have is that I bounce on the rev limiter during the 1-2 shift at WOT. I'm not really convinced it's a trans problem. I think it's either the solenoids or an ECU control issue.

Also, it's very easy to do some mods to the box. At very least, the base line pressure can be raised by tightening the throttle valve cable. It's also possible to adjust the main pressure regulator, all you need to do is drop the pan and turn it.

Shimming the accumulators is also a good thing, shorter shift time = less transmisison wear. This does require droping the valve body but it's not by any means a difficult task.

KC