lets talk about 2uz sleeves

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

billdk

So.. I guess we are 100% certain someone out there has actually taken OEM sleeves for the 2UZ motor and installed them successfully in a 1uz block.

But.. the 2UZ is still a dry sleeve motor, i'd assume? (considering its an iron block).. How can you reliably install these bigger sleeves in the 1UZ aluminum block? Im just confused as to how well you can secure them going to a bigger sleeve without any modifications to the water jackets...

I admit I am far from being well versed in this whole aluminum block world.. but ive currently been exploring the possibilities of using a honda/modular ford style sleeve kit (the ones that have the block deck integrated with the sleeve) to punch out the 1UZ.. the cost is PHENOMINAL. if there is a way to reliably punch out the 1uz with 2uz sleeves I am all ears and gung ho for it..

unfortunately it seems that toyota does not sell the tundra sleeves as a seperate part.

Didn't someone in another Lexus forum have custom sleeves installed in a 1UZ. I know we have a link to it somewhere. Eventually I want to do this, but first time around, I will stick with 4 liters

Surely with all the sleeved engines in this world we can come up with something that would have the appropriate dimensions.

We need someone who does engine reconditioning to come to the rescue.

There are plenty of alloy block steel sleeved engines.

I'd start with the Europeans then go to the pommies.

The US only seems to have one alloy engine in it's past and that was sold of to Rover.

Actually sleeving is quite common here in the US, thanks to the countless LS1 blocks (aluminum) and Honda blocks (aluminum) being sleeved here.