Intro 1UZ-FE Lexus IS 200

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

skylion

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm starting a new project which is based on a 1UZ-FE powered Wide Arch Carbon Fibre Lexus IS200. It's my next major project after buliding a 10 sec 1/4 mile Street Trim 792WHP R33 GTR.

I picked up the donor IS200 last weekend and should be getting delivery of the 1UZ-FE and Carbon Fibre kit soon.

I bought Thor Racing 1UZ-FE to IS200 engine mounts and will be going for an R154 gearbox instead of the Auto transmission.

My power aims are around 400bhp, will be going either single or twin turbo setup with aftermarket ECU. I'm aiming to get the car complete within 6 months to a year.

I don't know much about 1UZ-FE (my knowledge is mainly around RB26's) but over the coming months I'll be posting updates on my project car and would appreciate any help you can give me!

Here is a picture of the IS200 that I'm going to be working on:
wide-arch-is200.jpg

I've got the following figured out: base car, bodykit, engine mounts, gearbox mounts, gearbox adaption, suspension, single Turbo (T04Z or equivalent)

What I need is:
1. Turbo Manifold
2. Aftermarketing ECU plus wiring for a 1UZ-FE (the engine is from a '93 LS400)
3. Plenty of advice!

Any links, postings or anything you can point me to, I'd really appreciate it. I've been reading loads of posts on this forum. I'm trying to do as much research as possible.

Cheers,
Shah

Turbo manifolds (both hot and cold sides) you need to make yourself or have custom fabricated.

ECU is whatever floats your boat. Use something local with good support from a local tuner.

Wiring is pretty straight forward. Use a factory loom and splice the flying cables from your chosen ECU into it and away you go.

Easier saidd than done but very straightforward.

400bhp is readilly available without spending big dollars.

Welcome Shah, that is one radical looking car!

You're going at this the right way: read, read, read, then start asking questions.

One of the early decisions you'll need to make is which sump configuration do you need for your swap. There are three available

Front: LS400

Mid: GS400

Rear: SC400

You'll need to sort out which one you need and if it's not the front, which you already have, then start your search for a rear sump setup (I don't know that anyone uses the midsump for a swap). Rear sump setups are pretty popular, so don't wait 'till the last minute to start looking.

Looks like a fun project and 400hp will be easy.

Attachments

• P1010773.JPG
    P1010773.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 167
  • P1010771.JPG
    P1010771.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 169