Newbie Intro

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Sleeperstar

Hello all , thought i would at last sign up on here , My name is Scotty , 50 years young originally from Scotland but now reside in Las vegas , Nevada U.s of a.
Im a huge Japanese car fan in particular of the old school Mitsubishi Starion of which i own several of one of which is 1uz-fe v8/R154 powered which i use as a daily driver , i recently bought my soon to be wife a stunning one owner 1991 Lexus 400 , green with cloth interior which im sure has to be something of a rarity as its the only one ive seen after looking at many before we purchased this beauty , we both just LOVE this car , ive bought a couple of accident damaged 400's before for Starion engine swap purposes but never actually owned a complete drivable one ! :D well now i do and what a GREAT car it is , Scotty. :)

No fckuking way !
What are the chances of two people form Scotland both building 1uzfe Starions !
im half your age and mine has alot more work to do on it than yours but still !
welcome

right on! You have on of my bearibg adaptors in your car :)
and I helped re-install that transmission!
definately a small world. Randy is already starting on another 1uz starion.
Ah yes i remember when this was going on and Randy mentioning his homie that was helping him out re-thinking the clutch set-up after the original blew up in Vegas right in front of me:eek:, i'm the guy that towed the car back to C.a then ended up buying the same car a few months later , happy to report the new set up is proving 100% reliable as is the rest of the car , you and Randy did a first class job , i'm actually going to call Randy (a real good dood) today concerning his new Starion project and yes it is indeed a small world.

No fckuking way !
What are the chances of two people form Scotland both building 1uzfe Starions !
im half your age and mine has alot more work to do on it than yours but still !
welcome
Ive been down the MPI and just about every other performance road with the Starion 4 banger with superb performance results but once you go 1uzV8 Jimmy you wont look back , i would go as far as to say it drives better than any stock Starion ive ever owned and ive owned MANY ! and a very unique V8 sound only the 1uz can make through a 3'' system , im beginning to see more 1uz Starion projects in the works on this side of the pond using Randy's build thread on the Starion websites here as a "how to" reference , ive pushed more rwhp and torque with the original G54b 4cyl but for reliable daily driving and the looks of disbelief this LOUD v8 Starion gets the V8 wins everytime ! :)