interest in 1uz to 80 series adaptor and flywheel

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spadger

i am wanting to have these made and im sure there must be others out there that also want to have them made

obviously if more people want these bits they will become cheaper perhapse as much as half the cost

i will be approaching a very reputable company off this board if i can get enough numbers to make it worth him making a few at a reduced rate

full quoted price is a little under 2k so id like to get it as down to around 1k

:feedback:

Is it the 80 series Toyota Landcruisers/LX450 Iuz-fe swap adaptor we are talking about? If so, I could sure use one too....I am really thinking about droping in an 1uz motor in place of my tired 4.3l, inline 6 banger, 24 valve over head cam stock Toyota motor...It's a work horse of a six banger but burns a little oil and is slightly under powered in comparison to a worked over 1uz-fe 4.0 V8 motor...The gas mileage should be a bonus as well with that swap...Lowend grunt shoud be matched but the 1uz-fe will blow the six banger away at the higher rpm's.... Could be a cool swap in my opinion...Maybe even the 2uz or 3uz swap would be even better.......

I don't think you guys are talking about the Landcruisers so disregard this post if so...

i am building a competition 4wd, basically its a toyota bundera (lj/rj70) cut down to an extra cab with 80 series diffs, box and transfer. and of course a 1uz to power it

here is australia there is alot of hilux's and landcruisers with the 1uz in them but no one as yet has used a 80 series gear box to my knowledge (if they have they have gone the rather expensive rout of buying a gearbox bellhousing clutch anf flywheel from a written off 2uz cruiser or ls470 or even worse using new genuine parts)

Well, we throw Chevy small block 5.7 liter engines mostly in the landcruisers here in the States.... I have not heard or seen an 1UZ-FE motor in a 80 series Cruiser in or around my neck of the woods...... Have you checked the Toyota LandCruiser forums?

im on every 4wd forum i kno of worth being on
ive only seen one using a h151 and he is using all genuine toyota parts
id have to sell my house to buy them :p

chevs arent as common here, pluss a bundy is a bit smaller n lighter than an normal cruiser so i kinda like the idea of the 1uz, specially if i get bored n turbo it :p

I hear you....I don't think your going to find a prefabed adaptor plate because I don't think they exist...Unless you find a make in Australia in or around your neck of the woods...... You may have to custom make one, using a peice or card board to map out the holes and fitment by using a marker (carefully)..Create a blueprint of the plate....Then hire a good machinest to work out the bell housing adaptor plate for you on a allum.slab... Drill, cut and create....It really should not cost alot, getting the print right is the hardest part...

Not an easy task but I have seen it done a few times.. Then you can have that plate made in bulk, market for sale on all forums, internet, 4x4 mags, etc...Before you know it your rich and all the while you will have your 1UZFE in a 80 seriies burning up the competition...It's a doulbe win....I would love to see an !uz-fe in my 80 series cruiser...You can get a decent 300hp of N/A power out of a well tuned 1uz-fe engine with a stream lined exhaust, and a capable stand alone ECU for the swap.......That is 100hp more then the stock 80 series 6 cylinder motors....Also if you tt those engines, or supercharge (Eaton), bore, forgies, etc.. and then you really have a power house of an engine.......

However, good luck with the 80 series drive train handling that turbo built power...Anything over 400whp you may start breaking things...There are limits on the stock toy parts...

Keep us posted on your findings...I have looked too for months and found no success...Good luck man, I hope you find something...

peewee i looked into this and it works out to be alot and i mean ALOT dearer to go this route.

you also have to change the input shaft or buy a box that was originally behind a 2uz, both very expensive options. also the 2uz box never came with a part time transfer case. so you have to buy one or buy a part time kit adaptor to suit the current transfer

pluss i cannot find anyone making an after market clutch for a 2uz as yet

jibby the guy i want to get to do this makes alot of other adaptor plates already for the 1uz. and your right noone as yet makes one for my application.

i kno a few guys that compete with 80 series box's and big chevs they havent had and abnormal breakages as yet (considering they rape them all day everyday) so i hope ittl handle the power. its the strongest manual box yota makes with a transfer so it better :p

basically if i cant find enough people wanting to this adaptor in the next few months ill make one myself. but if i can ittl save my time and cost not alot more lol

How much is a 2UZ H15xF bellhousing?
The W58 to 2JZ bellhousing is under $400 trade.
I'd MUCH rather pay about $600 for a genuine bellhousing than $3-400 for a custom one.

And wouldn't this 2UZ bellhousing bolt to ANY H15xF ?
Or do they run different length input shafts like the R154 vs the R150F/R151F

As for the flywheel you can get a blank billet one from a few places, and just get that drilled to suit which ever clutch you want.

But if you are able to reuse a factory Toyota bellhousing, and then an adaptor plate between this an the H15xF, then go for it.

Also I'd suggest PM'ing QCA from these forums, he has done a lot of LandCruiser conversions, he should know whats the easiest route.

Let me know if I'm sprouting any bull**** here.

trade prices from toyota when i rang bout 6 weeks back http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5695

yes they do have different input shaft lenghts. also the 80 series clutch is 11 inches in diametre wich makes it bigger than your usual 1uz flywheel. so a generic custom flywheel would only work if you wanted to use a much smaller clutch.

qca is most likely who i would approach to get these things made. i have spoken to him and this is the way he said is best to do it. but also added noone has done a 1uz to 80 series box in aust that he knows of, but that it would be the best box to use for what i want.

dont get me wrong if someone can get me more realistic prices on the factory bellhousing i would love to use it (i want to use as much genuine parts as i can due to quality and replaceability) i would have qca make me a flywheel that spaces out the clutch to suit the shorter input shaft with my standard clutch

getting specs off of toyota or anyone else for the factory bits is impossible too. so if anyone knows them please let me kno

your messages are much appreciated peewee, make me think bout things lol
keep em coming

its a 2 peice bellhousing from what i understand

basically the front one is smaller at front and larger at back and rear is larger at front smaller at rear. they bolt together to sort of step the bellhousing out wider to allow for a bigger clutch than would otherwise be able to be used

eg 8inch is normal uz clutch in a conversion due to size of casting on the block but with this style bellhousing it allows for up 11inch (i beleive)

hope this makes some sence its hard to explain, a pic would make it easier if i could find one lol

Pic would definitely be easier. If anyone has access to a 2003+ EPC then it should be in there.

Most 1UZ flywheels run the 9.5" Hilux clutch, but with slightly different machining I see no reason why a larger clutch can be utilised.
Not sure if 11" is possible though

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET A 2UZ MANUAL TRANS ECU, I HAD A R151F BEHIND MY 2UZ SWAP AT FIRST AND IT WAS AWSOME TO DRIVE BUT I HAD TO PULL IT OUT AND PUT IN THE TUNDRA A340F TO GET THE CHECK ENG. LIGHT TO TURN OFF FOR SMOG HERE IN CALIFORNIA. I WOULD BE INTRESTED IN GOING BACK TO 5 SPEED IF I HAD THE CORRECT ECU. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. YOU GUYS IN AUSTRALIA ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE ALL THE COOL TOYOTAS :hail: