Any Interest in a Oil Relocation Adaptor Plate?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The photo is the oil pump end of an early Crown oil filter.

Plenty of them in Australia.

I wonder if you could tap a thread directly into the oil pump housing? Assuming you were doing an engine rebuild you could clean out the pump (or stuff rag in the galleries to keep swarf out).

Interesting idea Rod. I gotta check it out but if you mess up the thread then there goes $380 USD. I just picked these up and I can send some out for those who paid.

Lexus-Toyota-Oil-Relocation-Adaptor-Plate%20001.jpg
Lexus-Toyota-Oil-Relocation-Adaptor-Plate%20002.jpg
Lexus-Toyota-Oil-Relocation-Adaptor-Plate%20003.jpg
Lexus-Toyota-Oil-Relocation-Adaptor-Plate%20004.jpg
Lexus-Toyota-Oil-Relocation-Adaptor-Plate%20005.jpg

From my experience the silicon will not be enough to fix that adapter with no leaking …!! You need to use gasket paper like old school

I'll be machining mine for o-rings for sure. I have all-access to a huge machining facility that I'll use cause I don't want to spend a few hundred on a rotary table for my mill :28: I need every penny I can save for the hardware I'll need when I connect things during the swap =] I'm trying to think about how much effort this would take me to do a batch of them for Lextreme members... I'll do mine first I guess. I'm sure cutting a gasket and using sealer would be perfectly fine though (or just using sealant). I just like using machines. :silly:

Thanks for pointing out the earlier post; I must have skipped it. Sealants (FIPGs) are fine for relatively low pressure applications, like oil pans, but I would never use it on something high pressure like this. A paper gasket will hopefully work. O-ring is obviously best (no doubt why Toyota choose that).

the engineers always say

you can seal anything flat with a gasket

you can seal anything round with an O-ring

so unless the adapterplate or your oilpump housing is warped you should be able to seal it very well with an paper gasket, (btw why is that old skool I use that very often, for stuff I think is not worth running to a dealer for, never let me down 1.5mm thick, red(ish) gates stuff)

I wouldn't bother making the o-ring groove.

grtz Thomas

Over kill or not... i am sending for those who paid. If you havent pay yet, please do so and I can send them out before leaving for vacation.

A friend of mine has a 1uz in a 1960 Dodge Phoenix. He attempted to use a paper gasket instead of the O rings. I can show the 1 kilometre trail of oil if you like.

They must be sealed using the O rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The A/C will work 100% .. according the fitment you are using for the oil adapter !!
If you need a picture I can post some