Injen Cold Air Intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kiwi.in.aus

I've not had my Celsior long and I'm thinking of putting in a Injen set-up , I've read that these pod type units don't help much , so intend to have a feed in from the guard into as large an air-box as possible with the Injen pod in side of that , not looking for huge gains , maybe 3 to 6 HP but more for it to run a bit crisper and gain a little bit of economy as well as it's getting denser air .
Would I be better off sticking with a standard paper filter and then doing the inner guard feed in and at the same time incresing the capacity of the air-box ?
all input appreciated !!

Regards...Rich

I have the Injen intake in my LS.
Installation was easy with a little bit of modification on the
mounting holes. (needs to be enlarged).
As far as increase in power?

Not much, but you can definitely hear the engine breathe now!
My next mod? thinking of lextremes EGR block kit and TB bypass kit.

Had a chat to a guy who builds 1uzfe Cobra's and he's been playing with same for quite a while , his advice was to have the cone as far away from the reader as possible as it is quite sensitive apparently if you blow on it the engine will stall !!

So if you have as much distance as possible and then have the cold air blowing on the cone and have it shielded , it is quite successful , will now be building my own intake using 1.2 mm 3" stainless bends and tube .
We will see how it goes .