3UZ VVTI - COLD START AND LIMP MODE PROBLEMS

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Oskido

Morning,

I've done all the testing required and replaced damaged Coils, Air Flow Meter and rest the computer. I still have a cold start problem. Once I get the vehicle TO START without the Airflow Meter connected, it idles beautifully once running and when I then try to re-plug the Air Flow Meter plug connector back - the vehicle then dies.

Without the Air flow Meter Plugged in the vehicle still runs but has no power and is in LIMP MODE and doesn't exceed 3500 rpm.

Where can I start looking - I've been told to to check the Manifold Vacuum Solenoid and if it is not making a clicking noise you must replace this. Could this be the problem and where else can I check for the fault?

Regards
Oskido

I thought I should share this with all as I had no responses to my original request below by simply following a possible wiring to the fuel pump (Bosch 4.5bar) problem.

"I've done all the testing required and replaced damaged Coils, Air Flow Meter and rest the computer. I still have a cold start problem. Once I get the vehicle TO START without the Airflow Meter connected, it idles beautifully once running and when I then try to re-plug the Air Flow Meter plug connector back - the vehicle then dies.

Without the Air flow Meter Plugged in the vehicle still runs but has no power and is in LIMP MODE and doesn't exceed 3500 rpm"

I found that the POSITIVE WIRE to the fuel tank was shorting out against the chassis causing the fuel pump to UNDER PRODUCE enough fuel pressure and forcing the vehicle into LIMP Mode.

Regards
Oskido

Thanks for the follow up. Since so few people know/mod these cars, we are often in unknown territory - I'm sure folks would have replied if they knew - I know I have lots of questions I'm struggling with.