I Was Supposed to Remove Some Rust

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

On a 27 year old car, you have to expect the dreaded tin worm, but now i see myself stripping paint from the doors to fix up all the "imperfections" from factory spot welds and find myself looking at some small things on the car and thinking 'I can make that look better'. The car was never meant to be a show car...but I've come this far I guess!!! LOL

pics are needed if you can spare some time,
yeah always the way isnt it, i just wanted to swap the cam in my daily driver XF ford, and then read it needs compression increase and heavy springs... before you know it, full reco LOL

I once spent an enormous amount of money because the dishwasher broke down.

To get the dishwasher out from under the cupboard meant taking up the slate floor. Taking up the floor revealed holes in it. From there it went to an extension with 2 more bedrooms, a new bathroom and restore half of a 70 year old Heritage listed house. $500,000.00 later I sold it and moved across the road.

My Rover started out as poilishing it. The gelcaot didn't come up too well and one thing led to another and here I am building a supercharged engine!

Here's some pics after I removed the chrome inserts around the front and rear windscreen and the roof guttering. Some you can kind of see the junk that was caught under the inserts, not much (if any) major rust around here, which is surprising.

God I hate rust, nothing worse, how can you remove it it is like cancer? You can sand and smoothe it out but it comes right back. I had a 74 Toyota Landcruiser with a Chevy built 283 small block in it, 35" super swampers, lift etc... A real good offroad beast, could climb, pull, and jump, unfortunately it was losing the rust battle and I had sold it before it got too bad. I ran it in the ocean once maybe in one foot of water like an idiot and that was the beginning of the end with rust. Good luck with your rust restoration.

Got a some more work done today, fixing up the guttering on the RH side. Smoothing out the inner rear door is slowing me down a fair bit though.

Nice work with the gutters.
Would have taken a lot of work!

A question though... every time i have used bog for similar things, it has cracked after a while.
How do you guys do it so it doesnt crack?
Or am i just using crappy bog?

fibre reinforced filler.... it has chopped strand mesh (fibreglass) mixed into it.... that's what i used to repair the rust on our mitsubishi fk tipper truck for work.

i blew the motor up on my corolla so went to the junk yard for a replacement, found a 1.8L version of my motor(7A) but it had the F head so i bought only the block, dug out my 4ag 20valve head and droped both off at the machine shop, they took too long, so i started fixing stuff on the car, ended up deciding it needed a independent syspention, so the rear has 240 sx suspention, but the front has to be similar right so its converted to 240sx parts as well. but with all this new syspentoin the 7A-GE 20valve isnt powerfull enough for it so i looked into a 3S-GTE, but that costs a lot and doent make any more power then 1UZ and i plan on the car being done around march. 1.5 years after it got a simple rod knock.

Nice, I would love to see a picture of the entire car and finished product. What are your hp goals and quarter mile goals with this little project of yours? I could sure use some wide tires and rims like yours on my sc400, those look sweet! I need deeper rims. late-

well. i have no 1/4 goals becouse that just isnt my thing. i will take it out to test it tho just to see. my hp goals are 400hp range ill use boost to get to that. those wide tires in my sig are formula atlantic rain front tires 15x9"

here it is before the motor went. currently its an empty shell on jack stands. but next week it has to have the syspention all bolted togather to go to the alighment shop to make sure i put the subframe in right, then its going to a friends shop where we will install its cage, then off to the paint shop for new paint., Lexus metal flake black that came on the is300, not sure of the real name dark grey/black with flakes.

i hope by the end of january its all painted and worthy of taken more pics of it. right now its very ugly

PA080548.jpg

mine all started with a little rust too but the more i cut the more i found now its 6 months and still not going anywhere fast oh well gives me somthing to do on weekends!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaah!!!!!!