Hilux Surf LN130 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anthug

Hi,

Just started a conversion on my 91 LN130 Hilux Surf.

Original engine is a 2.4 Turbo Diesel with a blown head gasket.

IMG_8147Large.jpg

Transplant engine is a front sump.

IMG_8148Large.jpg

Once the diesel is out I will have a look at making the mounts myself.

I am keeping the Surf auto by using the 1UZ auto adapted to the Surf transfer case.

Anthony.

Auto transmission now out

Auto transmission now out:

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8165.jpg

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

Next is to adapt transfer case from the Surf transmission to the 1UZ transmission.

More progress

Surf transfer case now fitted to 1UZ Auto

IMG_8197.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

Now to remove the 2.4 motor and clean the engine bay.

good step by step guide i am in the middle of doing the same myself so reading this thread with interest! what did you cut the spline with? seen on other write ups it needs to accuate like point of a mm acuate!

the other million dollor question which is associated with the transplant is the electrics and how much of the loom and sensors on the engine you will be using?

i bought a LS400 so i have taken the engine looms combination meter and exhaust system off it so i have the cat and the oxygen sensors etc so doesnt run rich / lean.

i managed to take out the whole of the engine / combination loom out and will trim accordingly! also have the engine management ecu to run gear box and engine senosrs but am wondering how it will fari lighting up the combination meter if anything goes wrong

Thanks

Just used an angle grinder with a 125mm cutoff wheel to cut spline. The 4 pronged sensor (reluctor) was cut using a metal drop saw.

Will tackle the loom when I come to it.

Plan on using an R33 Skyline RB25DET in tank fuel pump.

Do you still have the rear rubber mount from the 1uz auto? I need one for my project.

Nice swap your doing, the turbo just blew on our surf (1kzte) I'd luv to chuck a 1uzfe in.

Ken.

thanks for the reply.

will keep with the lexus auto as i have it but may keep the surf one as a spare if have room!

have taken as much off the car as i can so at least choices whether to keep one or the other best to have too much and throw away later than too little and try and get hold of!

i know i will have to fabricate mounts forthe engine and gear box but do you have pics of them to give me an idea of how they should be fabricated. i dont have body lift so will have to fab the sump also.

Hi nice progress mate, another option for the handbrake is making a little vertical slot and then remount from the inside, using a couple of spacers and a couple of longer bolts then bolt back up.
Just another option incase anyone struggles to get hold of a V6 handbrake
SDC11905.jpg

SDC11906.jpg

anthug how is the conversion going? i think i am about the same position as you have the gear box out and the engine is about to come out of the surf and ready to put the lexus in

Have to cut the output shaft on the lexus box but its going OK

Only a little progess.

Hi Danny,

Have been playing around with motorbikes the last few weeks so only a little progress on the Surf.

At the moment I am sussing out the fuel pump for the diesel tank. Have got a Walbro internal one, just need to seal where the wires go through the lid. Also in the process of getting a fuse box and some relay bases for main wiring.

Anthony.