guys i need some pics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotasrfun

alright guys this is gonna seem like a retarded question
but i need to know if there are some pics of this engine out there with the alternator... here's the thing.. when i got my engine it came without too many things.. the alternator being one of them..
i have a few different toyota parts kickin around at home and well.. i found an alternator that i think works?!
only thing is that it seems to mount fixed.. is that how these alternators mount? how do you adjust the belt?i have belt that might work but im wondering how i adjust things so that it fits nicely
any pics would be extremely helpful

Everything on the engine runs on a serpentine belt that has no adjustment. It just has a tensioner pulley. What kind of pulley does your alternator have?

i believe one of them is a tensioner pulley.. but which one.. cause i think it's the one closest to the alt.. not quite sure what you're asking by the kind of pulley

Not sure if you still wanted a pic or not but here's one I've had for a while
850belt.jpg

The red line is a 850mm long belt (from memory) that I was trying to setup but in the end it slipped and squealed like a little pig

mine only kinda squeals... going to try 'belt grip' or some other sticky shite to see what i can do though. may also look into a larger dia alt belt pulley (under-drive too while im at it)

1uz_march08_0001.jpg

91_4x4runner, i am pretty sure i have the correct alt.. from the pics anyway it looks like i lucked out big in having the EXACT one i needed sitting on the shelf in my garage!:D:D thumbs up to pops for bringin home junk from work:D
V8Datto and ed_ma61 THANKYOU SOOOO much for the pictures!
I had debated doing something VERY similar to your idea.. what got me thinking negatively was the idea of the grooved part of the belt on the flat side of the tensioner pulley.. i was thinking to put in a dummy power steering pulley to remedy the problem for now and eliminate that random pulley as you guys did.. the one that i believe may have been for a fan or something

looks like im using an 875mm belt too for what its worth. an 850 could be useful

1uz_pulley_0003.jpg

1uz_pulley_0004.jpg

1uz_pulley_0006.jpg

Ed, FWIW when I had my belt on incorrectly it squealed like a pig under heavy alternator load. I tried all kinds of belt grip products and dri-lube and nothing worked.

Funnily enough putting the belt on correctly worked at treat...

But since then I have been told that simple household sugar is the best product on earth for slipping belts.

looks like im using an 875mm belt too for what its worth. an 850 could be useful

1uz_pulley_0004.jpg

Hey that's what I need!!

can I ask were you got the ribbed out side piece from?
Is it a machined piece or is it off the AC compressor or something?

Also here is the 850mm belt no, check it's 850mm before you order, don't hold me to the length
DSCN0809.jpg

Guy we have been doing this for a while on hilux with no p/s or a/c and jetboats. We machine the pully off the a/c pump and weld it on. Have done heaps and they work really well. Cheers

from memory i used a 7mge fan pulley - just wandered around a wrecker until i found what i wanted...

ed_ma61 that's amazing! no not brain surgery.. but finding a machinist that wont ask for both my testicles and a poke at my backside in exchange for machining the part.. that might take something..

My testicles don't bother me too much as I'm old but the poke Whoo let's think about that for a while!

At least use lube.

if people get stuck for machining of bits like this, im sure i get it done locally and ship it out to you guys?

but seriously, if youre going to start playing engines, you NEED to hook yourself up a friendly machinist/welder

Buy the cheapest possible lathe you can find, littlemachineshop items or such, and buy a set of toolbits with it, you can do it yourself. it's not black magic 'n all. second hand mig or tig welder also works wonders on these.

something like this will see you sorted for making parts like Ed's pully,
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93212
if you're used to working one or want to make stuff that has tollerances beyond that of these, you can allways upgrade to something better.

invest in tools instead of parts, tools tend to stay for longer.

That's one nice looking engine btw Ed, going drysump?

Grtz Thomas