NEED some input guys

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_IS200_marcus

Hi guys i would like to know what you guys think about HIGH MILEAGE 1UZFE ........would it be ok or is it best to stay away from a HIGH MILEGE 1UZFE ?

They just start breaking in around 100,000 miles and are one of the most reliable engines on the planet if maintained properly... If serviced regularly they just about run forever...

I have owned an 1uz-fe SC4 with 330,000 miles years ago..It ran like new but was dealer maintained religously......The rest of the SC car was starting to fall apart but the engine ran great... I have ran Nos which kills most engines for close to three years and my current 1uz motor still purs and I beat on it regularly with a passion...It now has 110,000 miles on it.

That is what I think for what ever it is worth...Just how many miles are we talking about here?

They just start breaking in around 100,000 miles....That is what I think for what ever it is worth...Just how many miles are we talking about here?
Yep! This engine breaks in at 100K miles, while other cars breaks in at 1K miles, and gets to its near full potential at 200K miles. On average, it gets to its full potential and strongest at about 500K miles, while other engine leaks their gaskets at 50K miles. It's 1/2 million miles and still a baby.

My SC400 has 147K miles and I plan to turbocharge it and nearly double its horsepower. Most of the turbo parts are in so it'll be fun.

Thanks guys thats what i wantted to hear :) i ask as i have been offered a 1UZ but it has 170,000 but it has been maintained properly by MD

Yep! This engine breaks in at 100K miles, while other cars breaks in at 1K miles, and gets to its near full potential at 200K miles. On average, it gets to its full potential and strongest at about 500K miles, while other engine leaks their gaskets at 50K miles. It's 1/2 million miles and still a baby.

My SC400 has 147K miles and I plan to turbocharge it and nearly double its horsepower. Most of the turbo parts are in so it'll be fun.

Steve your funny...500k is at full engine potential??? Ha ha....My prevoiusly owned 330,000 SC400 did use about one quart of oil between 3000-5000 mile oil changes if I remember correctly but the motor still ran like new...I still would say these engines are tanks to say the least but all piston rings begin to wear out eventually, inperfections appear on the cylinder walls, etc on every engine.....

Diesels engines have nothing on the 1uz's, he he...:28:

A high mileage 1UZ for sale just means you get it cheaper. I would just act totally not interested and throw out a rediculous offer and walk away. It's almost gauranteed he takes it. To most people 170k is scary but a Toyota engine is a different story.

Ask the owner if it's had a head gasket or the valves adjusted =] He will say no and then you show him quotes of the work from a shop to fix the "common" problem, hehe.

Steve your funny...500k is at full engine potential??? Ha ha....My prevoiusly owned 330,000 SC400 did use about one quart of oil between 3000-5000 mile oil changes if I remember correctly but the motor still ran like new...I still would say these engines are tanks to say the least but all piston rings begin to wear out eventually, inperfections appear on the cylinder walls, etc on every engine.....

Diesels engines have nothing on the 1uz's, he he...:28:
Oops! Was I drunk or still awake? I hardly know. Just kidding. Yes, 170K miles on an engine needs some serious inspection before using. It doesn't matter if it's a Toyota 1UZ or not. The most common tests are to have a leak-down compression test, or just a regular compression psi test if the engine is still running on a car. If the compression is good, then other factors such as sensors and accessories...etc, are minor things to worry about. They all wear out and that's acceptable cost. If the engine is out, then it's a good idea to have things replaced such as gaskets, water pump, seals, pulleys, bearing, rotor, rotors caps, belts, sparkplug wires, sparkplugs....etc.

I think a leak down test is good insurance and you can use your leverage from the test. If the test good you can always discredit the motor due to high mileage. Things I would recommend of changing or rebuilding would be the Starter, Timing belt, timing pulley and waterpump. These things are easy to change when the motor is out. Harder when the motor is in the car.