HELP! Does this sound like a blown engine to you guys?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JDMJNKY

Hello Guys,

( GS NEWB )
I need your help on some diagnosis by video.

This guy was told his car needs a new engine. A little background on this car, @ 189K it Had a Timing Belt kit done..water pump etc etc. 2 days later, ( I watched a video of this happening ) The car was hissing white smoke just behind the upper rad hose housing, And ran rough. The radiator cap disintegrated leaving the spring and some metal ring inside the rad which I later fished out. I assume some rubber is still in there. I also noticed the reservoir had a leak/gash in it, so I temp. patched it with plastic weld.

* No CEL codes but I observed the oil light on
* Found in Glovebox Toyota paperwork and it read previous DTC prior to repair P01349 & P0441

* I'll be buying a compression tester, and also do a leak down test

Here's a vid if you guys can help.........

Thanks,
Joel

_ Click Vid to watch_

Part 1

th_1304321573.jpg
Part 2
th_1304290315.jpg

**OFFICIALLY MY PROBLEM NOW!** I bought it!:D

Last edited:
In laymans terms what does "big end" refer too? And is that usually a repairable issue?

Last edited:
In laymans terms what does "big end" refer too? And is that usually a repairable issue?

Depends..
If the crank is coloured...ur up from another one, and Conrod will be stuff too if heat has coloured the journal.

Took this motor apart months ago. rod was burnt, crank journal to match, and a dip in a cylinder. :( Boooo! LOL

Hunting for a new block (2gen 1uz ) was supposed to be easy. Now I'm ready for some 2uz action.