Good value - Wideband lambda (air fuel ratio) sensing unit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

edz

I was looking for a wideband lambda (air fuel ratio) sensing unit for my auto classes and was about to buy one from the US when I found the people who made it live not only in Australia, but in the suburb next to my work! I originally looked at the Autronic unit but it was Aud$1600 plus $330 for the oxygen sensor. Tech edge sell a kit (starting at $169) to the top of the line unit with nice display, 1mb onboard for 40mins datalogging for Aud$744 and their wideband sensors are only $89 for the new 7200 or the more expensive Bosch LSU 6066 sensor for $150 as used by the MoTec PLM.

Techedge http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/ or http://wbo2.com/.
I have no affiliation with this company but was wrapped to find some Aussies that are very competitive and at the leading edge.

Nice... how much is the 2C0 unit? I cant find the price for it. I know the 2 1/16" display is like $175. Perhaps we can do a group purchase.

I wonder how accurate these cheaper WB-EGO kits are.

I know that Bowling & Grippo (the guys who make MegaSquirt) have been researching WB sensor chemistry for a few years now to design their up coming WB kit.

I have one of those units. I built a 2A0 unit with a separate display. Works a treat. Don't recommend the DIY kits unless you're very confident in soldering PCB's and complex one's at that. Took me over 4 hours to build the PCB up.
Built another unit for a mate who runs an engine dyno workshop. Very happy with it.
IMO, these are very high quality and excellent value for money. There's nothing cheaper available at all anyway.
They've just released a 2 channel unit with large onboard logging. I'm looking at upgrading to this to suit the Toyo V8. Won't be cheap compared to their other models but nothing the other brands can touch. Two thumbs up.

I would seriously consider the LC-1 from innovate motorsport. I have its bigger brother, the LM-1, and it is fantastic, the software it comes with is EXTREMELY powerful. It uses a completely different measurement technique to all the other wideband sensors using the Bosch sensor which allows it to remain accurate for the life of the sensor and display far more meaningful information.

On a side note the original tech edge wideband meter was actually a direct copy of a DIY project dubbed DIY-WB (done by a number of members of the original DIY-EFI bulletin board). What was meant to be a cheap DIY solution using a junkyard NGK/Honda sensor and that the average home tuner could build and enjoy ended up being used by a certain aussie for financial gain by marketing and selling it as his own. This has sadly spelt the end of such DIY projects and caused many people to re-think what they post online. I believe the latest widebands tech edge sell have been designed by them but for me the damage has been done and personally would not consider any of their products.

I just ordered the Innovate LM1 yesterday for a non Lexus project. From what I understand Megasquirt stopped their wide band development because there are several low cost wide band units on the market now.

MaxPower said:
This has sadly spelt the end of such DIY projects
What's to stop anyone still doing a DIY one?

I bought 2E0 and I'm very happy with it and the AFR I get is the same as what it shows on the dyno.

Damien said:
What's to stop anyone still doing a DIY one?

Nothing if you are happy with the possibility of someone using your project for their financial gain. The people that were involved in the original will certainly be not at all helpful if any project was to ever re-start. In any case the cost of building a DIY kit now would probably be similar to something like an LC-1 which is far superior, at the time of DIY-WB the cost of a WB made it far too expensive for the average home user.