Finally started my engine build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
After two years of collecting parts and then having to wait so I could sell some rods to get my Wife's agreement, I've finally started my engine build. When you've been married as long as me you learn wha

At this stage the head has been ported (this was done 2 years ago) and my builder has started assembling the heads. Valves are standard with Kellford supercharger cams.

I hope to get the block bored for the Ross pistons and then have it cleaned ready to start assembly.

I still need to buy bearings and a couple of smaller parts but it should go together over the next 4-6 weeks.

Parts going in are:
* Ross 8.5:1 pistons
* Kellford cmas
* Argo rods (I have plenty of these)
* Cometic gaskets
* ARP head and main studs (the rods have ARP fasteners)
* Opcon 222 twin screw supercharger
* 440cc injectors (curtesy of Lex)
* 1 3/4" custom short headers (long ones won't fit)
* Water/meth injection
* 90mm LS1 throttle body with integrated ISCV

In the meantime I'm working on the chassis and transmission so it's all ready to accept the new beastie.

Still running an Opcon supercharger but a few other things have changed so I have no idea what to expect on the dyno.

I'll keep you posted and provide photos where I can.

i'm impressed, a screw supercharger. that couldn't have been cheap. i wonder how well all that will work together. can't wait to see it finished.

By the time it fires up will have cost over $25,000.00!

There have been a few blind alleys along the way and a few thousand dollars spent that are now waste but that's life.

I'll bet the Wright Bros wasted a bit too!

I'm on my third transmission set up and second full exhaust. Built a full 1 1/2" extractor set up which is now almost scrap as I'm going up to 1 3/4".

This is my 3rd Supercharger and second manifold.

As they say Rome wasn't built in a day!

haha

exactly what I thought Cribbj

all hell would brake loose probably

Good going Rod keep us posted!

grtz Thomas

Attachments

• EXHAUST9.pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 1
  • EXHAUST10.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • EXHAUST11.pdf
    33.6 KB · Views: 1
  • EXHAUST12.pdf
    43.9 KB · Views: 1
  • EXHAUST13.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
  • EXHAUST14.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
Rod, your advice and experience has been wonderful, I can't wait to see your results, best of luck buddy, as Lex said, pics are a must :)

Attachments

• 68_1.jpg
    68_1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 5
  • MLNA0085.JPG
    MLNA0085.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010059.jpg
    P1010059.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 5
My habits are cheap compared to her's!

Would you believe we have room for her Arcade games. Latest addition is a Football (Soccer for some) kicking machine which has probably been used less than an hour in the last 6 months,

She went nuts after the World Cup buying signed Aussie shirts and Balls to the tune of $12,000.00

As I say to her my indulgnce has cost less in 2 years than her car has depreciated in 12 months.

12k. that is fantastic. where do you get so much money?

Attachments

• IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 122
3 yeard is a long time.

But it will be worth it. If I'd started building 2 years ago it wouldnm't have had the good bits that have ben developed in the last 3 years.

Ross Pistons (Group buy)
Kellford Cams
Argo rods
Richwood manifold and Opcon

None of this was available 3 years ago.

We've come a long way in 3 years.

My wife and money are fun. She purchased a 911 Porshe the day befoe she turned 21 (and still has it). She is the primary card holder on our AMEX account and I'm the suplementary holder.

Attachments

• KangarooFeet-c.jpg
    KangarooFeet-c.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
Zuffen,
Great news for you. I can relate to your comment about how things change when doing a build like this. I changed my mind from supercharger to twin turbos with my project. Lucky thing for Lex, I will send him an early Christmas present this year. I had already bought the Rush extractors. See Lex, you now have over 6,000 witnesses that I will send you the extractors I have. Again good luck with your build, I am right behind you with mine, parts to be shipped this week. Build starts next week.