Finally choosing turbos&computer&trans Ideas?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Bullish, Craig paisley, all the other guys have to conform to class regulations, so it's not so much motor preference, as it is that.

Just remember that HP isn't the final goal when it comes to building a car like ours. The motor that was referenced above has no real place on the street simply because the car would do nothing but spin in one spot while a 300fwhp Honda walks off. There's no streets in America that are prepped as well as an average track. Even if there was some hint of traction, the motor would be so unwieldy and high strung that it would be a nightmare to drive on a public road.

Just to give you reference, I made 550rwhp, 1/2 throttle, at 6Krpm. On the street, from redlight to redlight, there's not much else you need. On a long straight, the car errupts, even at half throttle, all the way to ~8K. The car makes 6-700rwhp in an instant without breaking a sweat. It'll make between 900 and 1000rwhp if it's on full street kill at 24psi. God forbid this thing turns out 40psi. I suppose the point is that with a true 4 digit car, powered by a twin turbo V8 like you'll have, there's not much more to wish for. The only thing left really to work out is streetability, and road manners.

Eric

I know when theory meets reality, reality wins. In theory though, here is what I think would make the best car.

Acceleration is a function of road surface and traction.
Optimally you would drive the tires to their absolute limit of traction the whole way down the track.
This is hard because of differences in track condition as you progress down the track and other variables such as wind, humidity, temperature, and variances in fuel, tire adhesion...

Soooooooooooooooooooooo
You get the biggest stickiest tires you can get on the ride, and use a computer such as the racelogic, or other units that are out there, and hope that it's sensors are smart enough to know where the limit of traction is, and not pass it. You'd have to go on the safe side because it doesn't have foresight and is only fixing problems once the car's already in them.

That being said. As long as your hardware and software, or human software can push the tires to their limit of traction the whole way down the track, there is no faster that can be gone. You could setup some type of light sensing timer that auto launched your car off the pole, but you may be in violation of some rule, and kids in the stands may be able to use laser pointers to really screw you up.

Also most people opt for some spin instead of bog off the line. In an ideal world we'd have engines that didn't have bog, so it wouldn't be an issue.

In short, whatever motor and software or driver combination that can push the limit of the tires all the way down the track with the least time inbetween shifts, is all you need.

I hope the tt v8 whoops ass. I think it will be able to smoke my poor street tires on demand. I wonder what the biggest tires you can drive around on the street on actually are? I've seen a few trucks with HUGE mickey thompsons on them. I wonder what they do in the rain.

I've got to put some miles on the grrrrrrrrrr 2nd new motor. I also have to come to a final decision on which shop is going to do the work. So I figure worst case start in 3 weeks. Lextreme, I know you have a sicker project than mine going. You still going with the 2uz with 1uz heads? Which twin would run for my application of street, with only track a few times for bragging rights?

I know the sc430 went with 2835's and has a 8.5 compression ratio.
I've got the 400 with 8.2 compression ratio. Too bad I don't know crap about reading a compressor map, I'd be able to pick my turbo better :)

That's a mighty low CR. Most people go for a low CR to combat detonation because, well, that's the way the factory does it. On the other hand, you caould easily bump it up to 9-9.5:1, and tune it out with the standalone. I know a fellow Supra onwer in Italy that I talk with once in a while that is running a 10.7 : 1 and runs 36 psi on a GT4788mm. He make full boost lightyears ahead of anyone else who runs that turbo.

Eric

Factory compression on a 2jz-gte is 8.5:1, but this guy really pushed the edge and has shown everyone that a higher CR is entirely possible, and livable. Granted the use of pump gas may be limited, but if you're building a project like that, there's no reason it should be a daily driver.

Eric

I know in the hod rodding world, they would cheat out some higher compression by using longer rods and shorter pistons. I'll probably be able to make up for the lost cr by turning up the boost a bit. I think filling up at the gas station is a huge requirement for a street car. Same reason I got 4 nitrous bottles. If you can't use it all the time, mind as well have just gone all nitrous. I'd probably do that if it weren't for the already lowered compression. Anyone out there run all nitrous no boost with over a 300 shot?