Few questions. Estimations?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Scottl

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on building a 1UZFE with a MP112 Supercharger, the bottom end will remain standard, which I understand to do. The engine will be going into a 1250kg off-road racer. I've got a few questions for the pro's if I may. Low torque is what I'm really after. But the car will need to see 150+ km/h offroad for upto 20 minutes at a time.

What sort of engine hp/kw and torque numbers should I expect?

Will I encounter any reliabilty problems with this setup? The car will need to have torque in the whole rev range and will be dropped and raised very often.

Cooling? Big Rad, Twin fans and stock pump do the job?

If you were to build a semi budget SC 1UZ, What would you use?

Thanks alot guys, I appreciate your help.

At 1250kg a standard engine would do exactly what you want.

My suggestion would be to build it with the standard engine and see how it goes.

I had an 1850kg Range Rover with a standard 1UZ and it would easilly top 180kmh.

It was reliable as the sun rising each morning and I ran the standard RR radiator with AU Falcon twin thermo fans.

Nothing fancy needed for what you want to do.

Thanks for your reply Zuffen. Please remember that it's a competition vehicle, and will not only have to travel at those speeds, but get to them quickly, and have power available wherever my revs are.

Most the guys winning are running LS1's and LS2's, Aussie rules mostly everywhere is 6L capacity. I'll be racing in the highly modified class, extreme production or whatever it's called. My advantage is most vehicles weigh a good 300-600kg varying more than mine.

So leaning back towards the first post can you or anyone else help?

Thanks again Zuffen.

Ok,

The MP112 is a top feed intercooled Eaton off a Ford Lightning.

Readilly available off eBay.

Fitting it to the UZ together with its intercooler will require the relocation of the starter to below the engine.

I had just such a set up on my UZ but never ran it as I swapped to an Autorotor with Water/meth injection.

It can be done quite easily and if the engine is built right produce 500is FWHP.

I'm happy to PM or email photos of my set up (which I've now sold) if you want.

To build an engine to do what you want with the Eaton would cost around $15-20,000.00

Another option

A non intercooled eaton tvs 1900 cc running around 12 psi will give you plenty of mumbo and on top of an un opened 1uz will still be reasonably high reving (6500 ish rpm) with a nice flat torque curve.

probably around 400 - 450 hp

engine $1,000
ecu $2,000
Supercharger set up $5,000

Another option and probably cheaper would be a couple of turbo's on an un opened 1UZ.

bottom line is hp for $ you can't go past an LSx engine at the moment.

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on building a 1UZFE with a MP112 Supercharger, the bottom end will remain standard, which I understand to do. The engine will be going into a 1250kg off-road racer. I've got a few questions for the pro's if I may. Low torque is what I'm really after. But the car will need to see 150+ km/h offroad for upto 20 minutes at a time.

What sort of engine hp/kw and torque numbers should I expect?

Will I encounter any reliabilty problems with this setup? The car will need to have torque in the whole rev range and will be dropped and raised very often.

Cooling? Big Rad, Twin fans and stock pump do the job?

If you were to build a semi budget SC 1UZ, What would you use?

Thanks alot guys, I appreciate your help.

Drop me a PM mate, i have some bits you may be interested in.