Got my new Celsior 1UZ. A few quick questions...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

Seeing as there's some guru's here, I thought i'd post some pics of random lines here and see if you's know what is what and where they should end up...

I just started tinkering this arvo, getting the timing belt started. Some of these lines i have theories about, but someone may know exact.

Ok first one is down near the crank pulley. Both lines have just been cut when they took the motor out. The top one is a solid metal line, and the lower a rubber hose:

frontbottom.jpg

Moving around. This line was in the way of the left cam cover so I took it off. It comes from the thermostat housing, and exits on the drivers side behind the power steer pump:

thermo.jpg

With this one, there's two lines coming out of the p/s pump assembly. One is still connected to the intake, the other is just sitting there....

powersteer.jpg

Ok on the back. This line just shoots upwards....

back.jpg

And last, on the passenger side (*** spec.) The long one just hangs by the motor, and I think has a little bracket on the plastics. I just chucked it where it is for the pic....

rhs.jpg

Thanks guys... Any advice apreciated....

In the first picture the metal line is the pressure line from the fan oil pump the rubber one is the oil feed line .
In the second pic the line from the thermostat housing goes to the radiator water expansion tank.
In the third pic the line sucks filtered air from the air intake tube along with the tube from the iac valve on the front of the plenum.
In the fourth pic the 2 tubes at the rear which point up go to the heater.
In the last pic the rear tube is the fuel feed line to the fuel rail there is a return line there somewhere. The other thin tube with the spiral wrapping goes to your charcoal canister.

Thanks heaps for that mate, adds a bit of clarity as i start getting intimate with my first 1UZ.... One thing though, what are the two oil lines from the "fan oil pump" for? Assuming from the name it may be the thermo fan, but i hadn't heard of any requiring oil before. If it is, with me running thermo's, do i just block them off?

Another question: I'm going to replace the plugs regardless, but while tinkering I removed the front right plug. When I took it out to check it it had oil all over the end. Now I know there shouldn't be oil in there.
Could this be because of the angles the donk may have achieved during transit? I hope it's that simple. The guys at SSS Automotive whome I bought it off claimed to have driven the actual Celsior in Japan.

It used to have a hydraulically operated fan which was turned on by the solenoid valve which you see just above the ac pulley. I replaced the oil pump with ball races just depends on what you want to do. Some people replace it with a fan mounting.
Dont know where your oil came from maybe it ran down from outside when you removed the plug. Check your plug leads as well, they should have resistance less than 25k ohms.

Ahh ok. Yeah i'm going to run a 16" ICE thermo which I already have. I've bought a Jaycar temp switch kit for it. Having said that, is there a way of using that solenoid with a relay for the fans? This has probably been discussed before.....

The fan controller is seperate to the engine ecu.
So unless you have the fan controller too, that solanoid has just to 2 useless wires attached to it (the other end of the wires goes directly to the fan controller)

I hope that made sense.

But everything madmont has said is correct.
Just don't get the fuel feed, and fuel return lines backwards. Otherwise you'll have no fuel in the rails.
Fuel feed line has the dampener, fuel return has the pressure regulator (with a vacuum connection)

New leads/plugs is worth it too. May as well get new Bosch dizzy caps/rotors too.

Yeah now I have the dizzy's off, I can see the contacts aren't too flash, and the rotor's are worse.
The leads are damn expensive, even at trade price they're $356!!!!!!!!!

At the moment they are probably the best ones.
They last 15 years without breaking.

I've got a replaced set of TopGuns on mine. I went to pull my first set off the other month, and half of them came apart. The glue had lost its strength, probably due to the heat, because I was able to remove them heaps within the first few weeks of putting them on, but after 9 months of driving they were somewhat crap.

I'll either be getting genuine Toyota ones, or look into another brand.

Yeah I had the same problem with Top Guns on my V6 in the 4Runner. Went to check the plugs and 4 out of 6 came apart.

what sort of gadget do you test the resistance with? It may be worth it for now, as it'll keep the missus a bit happier if I don't have to spend an extra $356 if the current ones are good.
Also, saving $350 means more mechanical stuff i can replace while it's apart for safety sakes. That is assuming the current ones are ok ofcourse...

BTW It's going in almost the same age and model 4Runner as Twisty's (Dave's). Except it's white and has a touch less bling ;)