2JZ to 1uz a few questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TuningHouse.co.uk

Hello all, im new. I run a site in the UK for performance tuning and the like, and came accross this site when going for a V8 conversion on my NA 2JZ MkIV.

Before i ask the questions, im sure you have answered before haha, would just like to say this site is phenominal, the best dedicated site i have ever seen, and well done all involved.

Right, i have a Mk4 Supra, with NA Auto engine and box. I have been offered a 91 lexus LS400 (V8 4.0), for £400 which is pretty good, as i can hopeflly ebay most of the car and recoup the cost of the bits i want.

My question is this :

Will my stock auto box (I dont know the code) fit to the 1uz block with no fabricated parts ? I had a brief look inside and under the lex and at first glance it looked like the same auto box ???

What box would you reccomend for going manual ? Bearing in mind a 2jz manual box will be very VERY hard on the pocket.

Thanks for any replies, cant wait for V8

Before you go any further, i gather you have considered the 2JZ-GTE?
Itll be far easier to install and youll get better results for less $$s.

From a quick google search, the A340 did come with the 2JZ, so yes, itll also fit up to the U1 1UZ bellhousing.

As for a manual gearbox, youll want a W58 or a R154 (preferable).
There are quite a few options for conversions for these now.

Thanks for the info mate.

Looked into GTe lump, but they retail at around 2k GBP here, for a stock one (and that may be knackered) and its second hand !!!

Id just like to see 300hp (fly), and that v8 torque and noise