1UZ v.s. 2JZ GTE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Money no object the 2J.. Esp in drag racing .. Plenty of them runing low 7 second 1/4's in light weight cars.. The blocks can handle the power well over 1800 h.p.. They are possibly filled with concrete / resin ?? They take 60Lb boost which I doubt the 1UZ would take more than 30Lb...

HKS drag car= 50psi on 1uz and over 2000hp. 2jz maxing out around 1500 so the gap isn't that far but on 60psi? 2x boost for 500hp difference but I guess thats where the extra cubes come into play?

I would pick 2jz just because of it's versatility... parts are 100x easier to source than 1uz too.

Yea I think HKS has gone 2J now? But they have there projects..
Though I guess they want to sell to anyone??
Guys I know who have built good 2j's are private guys building them..
Rocco fitted a std N/A 2J to his RX7.. Its running god knows how many alcohol injectors etc.. But std n/a engine fitted with turbo he ran high 7/s on as he said 25 Lb...
On a street car with boost the 1UZ with its lower rpm torque would come back or even drags at budget level...
The 2J has heaps of on the shelf parts.. Or places like Titan motorsport can fab what you want or require..

XR8TT

you mean "ME" by "guys".... thats fine just say so lol. Anywho I read the 1st thread and it was a very generic question so i countered with a generic answer... yes I know a lot about both myself... and I figured 2 opinions would be more beneficial than 1. I'm only 22... not nearly an expert on anything auto related but I try to contribute. I didn't read any questions on how many alki injectors would create the biggest monster... he said what engine has better 1/4 mile potential and thats a very broad Q!

frankly no matter the engine, someone... somewhere is building one better than yours... and it's these guys that no one hears about. As you said the "private builders" usually don't get recognized but these are the serious guys that have the determination to ignore the costs involved.

One small difference is weight... 1uz is heavier but not by much. I wish i had an exact number but i want to say it's roughly 50b heavier? Just to upgrade the aluminum 1uz block to 2uz iron is 80lb... 50 might be a lot tho if it's a kit car or something extremely light. What car?

Stock 1UZ and stock 2JZGTE? Everyone already knows the answer. The 1UZ is a slug in its stock form, while the 2JZGTE is already a mild monster. 2JZGE is even worse than 1UZ.

I've seen on video clips that real drag cars with 1UZ that run around 6 seconds. I'll try to find some clips, but too lazy for now. I can't say which engine can top the power because the drag slip is all the proof. Once you build 1000 hp+ engine, the available parts and costs aren't the concern anymore. Many machine shops out there have been building custom parts for drag cars for so long and they can make anything you want. I like the 2JZGTE, but I already fell in love with the V8.

Anyway, talking about drag cars seem to be off track of this topic. For low to mild power for street with the same hp, the boosted 1UZ is more fun to drive from low to top end. You can look at all the dyno of the 1UZ, the tq and hp jump straight up right away, while the 2JZGTE hp jumps straight up a little later and the tq is even after that with less tq.

After the mild power cut off point, let's say 500 bhp, then yes, the 2JZGTE has more advantage than the boosted 1UZ because it doesn't require much to make more power reliably. The 1UZ now faces critical condition.

Comparing a stock 2JZ GTE vs. stock 1UZ doesn't make sense....
Both modified, boosted and having the same power output (hp), the 1UZ engine will have way more torque....and a different dyno curve.
It depends what you are looking for, i guess....from my experience i have driven boosted 4 cylinders, inline6, v6s, v8s, v10...and what i really liked is when the engine is at its peak torque....so the 4 cylinder coming on boost is FUN to drive, but also a 5.0 V8 with no boost is fun....
Now with the building of the 1UZ 4.0 V8 with single turbo, i hope to have it ALL...the torque + boost response...:fingersx:

To bad we don't have enough video footage of 2JZ vs. 1UZ on the highway....:burnout: ...i guess there you will see the difference...

One small difference is weight... 1uz is heavier but not by much. I wish i had an exact number but i want to say it's roughly 50b heavier? Just to upgrade the aluminum 1uz block to 2uz iron is 80lb... 50 might be a lot tho if it's a kit car or something extremely light. What car?

i have weighed both a a 1uz and a 1JZ on the same scales (all be it a pretty budget set up and not what id call megga accurate, say + or - 5kg's) but the 1JZ came in at 225 and the 1UZ came in at 205.
1JZ had no power steer pump or air con and the 1UZ did. all other parts in place.
not ultra relevant but what the hell, i thought id stick my oar in....

sheepers

I can't watch the video due to firewall restrictions on our network, so someone tell me what happens in it?

Does the V8 get out of the hole ahead, then the 2JZ reels him in halfway down the track?

freeway cruising the single snail mustang beats down single snail 2jz... moral? Torque always wins...you can hear the jz full spool and then you hear the stang spool up and then it just looks like the supra lays off... or just can't keep up. I hate the 3v 4.6 but ANY decent v8 will be a monster with a proper turbo.

Sheepers

so difference with all accessories is 20lb? thats not much. And I suppose one could take off AC and PS and possibly have less? I mean has anyone picked up 1uz ac pump?
that sucker is real heavy i want to say 15-20lb alone.

no, sorry, i should have been specific. i was talking kilo's.
the difference is about 20kg's so about 40lb's.
and thats in the 1UZ's favor, if you removed the aircon and the power steer pump and the hydro fan drive from the 1UZ i reckon you'd loose another 15kg's?

sheepers.

SPF Lexus.. I was reffering to local guys here in Aussie..
But no one specifically..
I'm building an 1UZ turbo after all.. But favour the 2J for all out strength etc.. 7 mains takes some beating..
As a cruiser ?? Even with moderate sized turbo.. Then the 1UZ..
But I like V8's .. My daily driver is a 5.4 V8 turbo Ford...