Standalone ECU EMS 8860 help installing...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
they re no different to any other aftermarket ecu

the aux outputs are bit fidly

i think outputs 1 to 4 are pwm

5 to 8 are mainly for on or off

so for idle motrs etc use 1 to 4

fuel pump or fans are outputs 5 to 8

ems 8860 update

Anyone played around with these before? got any info on what to lookout and how to go about things!! i'm all ear's

Hi

How are you going with the install for this? I'm wiring mine up at the moment after getting the info to wire up all the standard sensors, igniters and even the 6 wire ISC. Happy to pass on what I've found and we may be able to share ideas.

Cheers
Ed

Hi

How are you going with the install for this? I'm wiring mine up at the moment after getting the info to wire up all the standard sensors, igniters and even the 6 wire ISC. Happy to pass on what I've found and we may be able to share ideas.

Cheers
Ed

Yep its going great all wired up and running sweet.. only little problem was that i had to swap two wires around on the stepper motor to get it to go in and out the right way

Yep its going great all wired up and running sweet.. only little problem was that i had to swap two wires around on the stepper motor to get it to go in and out the right way

Any details on that, I was just going to guess? I'm in the middle of wiring mine right now, just got it back with the new software upgrade from EMS.

I was going to use the following, assuming the pin wiring is correct on the ISC plug:

ISC ----------- Crown ---------------- EMS
Pin Plug wire colour)
1 Blue ISC 2
2 White 12 v Ign
3 Yellow ISC 4
4 Green ISC 1
5 Black 12 v Ign
6 Red ISC 3

Does this sound right?

Edz

:confused:

I am trying to Wire an ems 8860 to a 1UZFE and I got stuck with What to do with the cam sensors. I think I got the rest sorted out.

The + ve on the crank angle goes to the trigger input and the ecu self learns.

What do they wire to?

I far As I can tell, u can only wire 1 cam sensor to some plug sick of reading the manual.

Oh I am putting it into a KB Centura. I decided the 265 hemi is a better boat anchor than an engine.

I will post my own reply
page seven says connect all cam angle sensors to the sync input

so I guess I splice the signals from both sensors together and wire them to the sync input thanks for the help

I have decided to add my personal notes on learning the ems 8860

1uzfe Crown

Oh I should add I am not a mechanic and most learned the hard way.

A great idea do not hook up the injectors until after you have checked the timing with A timing light. If you cannot get it firing at about 8 degrees then most likely replace the crank angle sensor or the settings in the software are wrong.

trigger mag, and sync sensor mag
number of the per cam cycle is 24 teeth .
static timing teeth none.

The crank shaft sensor pin 1 on the 26 pin plug black goes to green on the shielded trigg wire.

no 1 cam sensor pin 15 on the 26 pin plug goes to yellow on the sheilded sync.

That works for the ignition set up