CEL problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LoogieSC

So I'm trying To Do the pin trick for my 92 SC400 as I have a actron scanner yet regardless of if I use that or the pin trick my CEL won't flash only my O/D light flashes (#2 shift solenoid and VSS, VSS already fixed but code is still there) but the actual CEL won't. Is it that the O/D light pertains to the CEL so that's why it's flashing and not the CEL or am I dumb? I let the car idle until it was at operating temp, set the key to on and left the engine off and hypes te1 and e1 after I did the same thing but with my scanner and it didn't work. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Cel is connected to ecu pin W, active low. Wire an extra small bulb or led and see if it works. It may not work because of ecu aging or other problems that you should expect in 30 year old car

Cel is connected to ecu pin W, active low. Wire an extra small bulb or led and see if it works. It may not work because of ecu aging or other problems that you should expect in 30 year old car
Sorry for not responding sooner turns out the cel WAS from the ecu failing. Got another one and now have an entirely new issue