OBD2 swap without CEL?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

black_LS

I'm looking at a '95 LS400 as a parts car, which is OBDII. I'm planning on running a manual transmission.

I'm wondering if this engine combo is more trouble than it's worth. I'm okay with a bit more wiring, but is it possible to get rid of all the 'check engine light' codes that are bound to pop up? I know the OBDII system has many more sensors and whatnot. The secondary O2 sensor shouldn't be a problem if I run cats.

I don't want to source an OBDI wiring harness or ECU separately. I'd like for it all to come from the same car.

So, is this possible or am I bound to get codes for missing components?

Is it only the check light you need to worry about or does it matter that there are codes stored in the background which dont bring the check light on? I have only wired a few non-vvti OBD2 engines which where imported over here with Lexus badges. We normally get Non vvti engine as a OBD1 (up until 8/97). With the OBD2 early engine the only extra stuff I know about is the EGR valve and Californian spec air pumps. The ones I did still didnt have a check light on (yes it was wired) just like the VVti engines I wire.

To answer your question, what's important to me is the check light staying off and the car running perfectly (ie. no limp mode).

I wanted to make sure it would behave since I was removing some of the Lexus body components (such as the fuel system, ABS, trac) and replacing with the donor vehicle's. I'm not sure what OBD2 looks for.

They run fine when wired correctly (note I said wired Correctly). I was more wondering about the road worthy issues that are checked to keep the vehicle legally on the road. I dont know what regulations you need to satisfy over there. Some ECUs store a code in the background but it causes no running issues. With a bit of time the codes can be sorted with some resistors. I only have one from a Jap spec ECU which is a bit of a pain but Im doing three of theses ECUs at the moment so should sort it with a bit of research.

I have a 96 US spec ls400 in my 1990 pickup truck and it throws codes for the transmission solenoids. Does anybody know a way around that? I hooked my light to the fuel pump so it turns off when the pump runs and on when the pump is off.