CEL Stays lit after swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mr.Mini_4.0

Hi to all my UZ brothers!
New here, and I'm hoping to get some help from somebody.

I recently completed a 1uz w58 swap on my 94 Toyota pickup, and I am unable to get the ECU to go into diagnostic mode.

B2CA0667-0C41-4502-A7FB-FA30448144DC_zpslbpvpn4x.jpg

A little overview of the issue, upon rebuilding the engine, mounting it on the frame and dropping my cab, the truck started up on the first try no hesitations. At that point the only light that was on, that I noticed was the brake light because my brake reserve sensor was u plugged. I expected the CEL to come on at some point because my sub O2 sensors were not connected. Anyways, I ran the truck and bled the cooling system, and let it idle while I adjusted my cooling fans control. After about 45mins of idling the CEL finally came on.

For the rest of that week I was working on other things like my tail pipes, mounting the bed and stuff like that. Later on, before even driving the truck, I noticed when I start it up I'd have to keep my foot on the gas for about 30 seconds and slowly let go before it will idle on its own. Didn't think much of it at the time. I thought I just had to adjust my throttle body considering I dissected it for cleaning and powder coating. When I finally got around to tracing my codes I found out the ECU wouldn't go into diagnostic mode. Did some research and came across the bad caps thread on CL.

Took the ECU apart and inspected it. All the caps were fine visually. I didn't notice any leaks but decided to replace them anyways. What I plugged the ECU back in, I realized that I fixed one issue and it was the idle issue upon first start up. Now I didn't have to keep my foot on the gas anymore for it to idle by itself. But the ECU still wouldn't go into diagnostic mode/ flash the codes. It just stays lit.

Attempted diagnostics performed:

-Replace ECU caps, didn't work
-Bought new ECU, same issue
-Jumped E1 and TE1 at the ECU instead of the diagnostic port- Nothing
-Went over the wiring three times- didn't find an error.
- Checked grounds
-Added more grounds to the block and chassis
- Tested for voltage and ground at the diagnostic connector, everything checks out okay.
I don't know what to do at this point guys, any help will be appreciated.
Not to place blame on the creator or Anything, but I used this thred/ sticky to wire the truck. Please look it over and see if you notice an error there.
http://www.uzswap.com/index.php?topic=254.0;prev_next=prev#new

My build thread is located here:
http://toyotaminis.com/forum/threads/my-1uzfe-build.21818/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: