Question on Manual sc400 and CEL

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TheRonTom3

ok so I am preparing to do the manual w58 conversion on my sc400. I however live in a state that is pretty serious about inspection and obd2 cars which my car is a late model 97 so I have to pass the obd2 inspection. For those who are unfamiliar they plug the car into a computer and it reads any error codes stored in the computer. In Ny state they will not even begin the inspection if your car has a CEL (check engine light) on. Has anyone found a way around all the CELs not having the auto trans in car is going to throw.

Maybe wiring all the sensors with resistors?

Or leaving all the sensors intact?

If i cant figure this out i feel manual swapping this chassi will not be an option.

Nobody has any information on how to get the OBD2 computer to not the CELs for the missing auto tranny stuff.

There has to be other states that have state inspections the require no CELs to be present for the car to pass

it could possably be done
u can replace solenoids with resistors
but the speed sensors front and rear on the box will be hard to get right

it can be done but could be expensive

the black speedo signal boxes i sell are 300 bucks each
and u will probably need 2 to get to be right

basically u have to do the converison
then scan for codes and slowly go thru and try to erase each one slowly

might end up costing u alot fo time and money just to do that

if u have afew spare grand left over after conversion then u can do it

but scan for codes after u drive it for awhile then work yr way thru em

Why not use to speed correcton boxes to give you the pulses you need, they could both run off the speedo output.

Then take all the solenoids from the tans and install them in a little box under the dash, hook it up to your ECU and see what happens.

Worth a look or at least some thought.

Check with a member named "RedPhoenix". He has successfully swapped a W58 to the SC400. He said there's no CEL on, and he also uses the W58 speedo sensor that connects to the stock wire. If you have any indicator light on and if it's not important, take out that bulb inside the cluster.

Hows it going?

My OBD1 1uz did not throw any codes whatsoever. We are actually currently installing a 1997 OBD2 1uzfe / W55 in a 1986 Toyota Pickup.

When its in (probably less than a month), I will let you know if any codes arise... And if we figure out what resistors we need to trick it then I will also let you know on that.