1UZ to R150 Clutch setup configuration question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tremor

Hello Everyone,

I am currently the process of swapping a 1UZ into my '92 pickup to take the place of my 3VZ. My pickup is equipped with the R150F which will be used with the swap, I purchased the kit including the clutch, flywheel and bellhousing from KS Racing. I am only stumped on one tiny detail, Do I need to run the pilot bearing dowel included with the kit or not (circled in attached photo) The little info I have found don't give any indication it should or shouldn't be, just that it "may be required"
1688744256700.png
This seems like a pretty minor/small thing but is something I genuinely cannot find any info about, any help would be greatly appreciated! maybe there's and easy way to check?

Thanks,
Sam

I've googled the kit and from what I can glean the circled component (may be) intended to slide over the input shaft to increase it's diameter to match the spigot bearing.

I'd be trying the bearing on the input shaft to confirm it's the correct size, without the sleeve.

It could also be designed to slip over the end of the input shaft to lengthen it so it reaches the spigot bearing.

I think I'd be trying different combinations to ascertain what works/where it should go.

Did the kit come with instructions?

I've googled the kit and from what I can glean the circled component (may be) intended to slide over the input shaft to increase it's diameter to match the spigot bearing.

I'd be trying the bearing on the input shaft to confirm it's the correct size, without the sleeve.

It could also be designed to slip over the end of the input shaft to lengthen it so it reaches the spigot bearing.

I think I'd be trying different combinations to ascertain what works/where it should go.

Did the kit come with instructions?
Hey Zuffen I appreciate the reply,

Sadly not a lick of instructions. The kit as on oem asin oversees kit (for a Land Cruiser application I think?) which when I googled either of the part numbers no real information comes up.

The only information I can find for the kit that describes placing the actual dowel in the bearing but again, dependent on application and is very non specific

I greatly appreciate you mentioning to try to fit on the actual shaft. The dowel does not cleanly “fit” on the actual input shaft but seems pretty close. By close I mean you reallllly would have to do a number on it with a hammer to get it on that shaft, It does cleanly ride inside the pilot bearing though.

My leading theory right now is the intention is place the dowel into the bearing (adds up with one photo I found) then stab the trans to the engine and the input shaft is held in place and forced to ride the dowel with a pressure fit by the bell housing being bolted to block.

Again, thanks a bunch for the insight!

think you will find the spacer is an interference fit on the shaft.

I'd try heating the spacer and it should slide over the input shaft with little on no violence.

I think some careful measurement is in order.

As it's a Cruiser kit it may not even need the spacer on a 1UZ.

I can't say with any certainty how I would approach it as I would be doing a lot of trial fitting to see how it could go and how it won't go.

think you will find the spacer is an interference fit on the shaft.

I'd try heating the spacer and it should slide over the input shaft with little on no violence.

I think some careful measurement is in order.

As it's a Cruiser kit it may not even need the spacer on a 1UZ.

I can't say with any certainty how I would approach it as I would be doing a lot of trial fitting to see how it could go and how it won't go.
Hey Zuffen,

Just for some follow up, English seems to be a bit rough for them but I ended up receiving this reply.
EA0ED234-7C2E-4F06-80C9-974681487CA9.jpeg
I’m almost positive now they are implying the dowel pin is placed in the bearing then the transmission is bolted up.

Again thanks for your suggestions!

Sam