2008 Tundra 2UZFE Engine Problems after head gasket

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drwilki

Alright, so I have a long story here I posted on the tundra forum page but nothing I tried worked so I am hoping to get some help on here. So I had the head gaskets blow on my 2UZFE and got it repaired, after doing so I found out the wiring harness was fried(removed the clip that attaches it to the ecm and the whole thing snapped). I installed a junkyard wiring harness(part numbers matched). So we got it running somewhat. The cats were clogged(what the person doing my head gaskets said) and we threw in new cats and they also said the fuel pump is bad so new fuel pump. At idle it is surging from 1k-200rpms. We pulled the plugs and everyone was fouled greatly and we replaced the plugs. I did a smoke test and found the intake manifold was leaking vacuum so we replaced the intake manifold gasket which helped out some. The MAF is now reading somewhat correcltly. We can smell fuel constantly and even so much that the cats got red hot from so much fuel. I just dont know where to go from here and I am monitored fuel pressure tomorrow to see if it is abnormal. Compression on all cylinders is at about 175-180 and timing is on as well.

Sounds like the worst UZFE story ever! On my old AE86, o2 sensors would result in surging. Leaky fuel injectors