Dune Buggy with 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i dont agree the one on the right looks anything like a uz motor, nissan motor seems more likly as said on the last page.

the left one is a ejsomthing subi motor, as those are really common in buggies.

and why is this thread drug up again?

I dont know why that says Portland. I am pretty damn sure that aint Portland for 2 reasons. Never heard of that kinda event anywhere near Portland. If so I'd be there. 2- That vehicle resembles the Iceland off-roading event. 4 wheel drive, huge paddles, NOS is common, big engines. They do a lot of hydroplaning over 3-4' deep water holes. Then hit massive hills.

Kinda. The draw back to FWD systems of CV joint. The outputs are offset, so to get any real wheel travel the CV's are going at intense angles...at stock width. Of you center the outputs more, it pushes the engine more to one side resulting in bad (err worse) balance.

Then you still have car CV's in a OHV, doesnt work too well. The working angles are small.

The thing that blows about buggies is that there are so few rear/mid engine tranny's with in-line engine configurations. Old VW Bus tranny's are about as good as it gets (few Porsche exceptions) and they still go for 300-600 on ebay old and used. They are tough, but a Suby engine can demolish one if you are hard on it in the dirt. For anyone who can afford it, a Mendeola or Fortin box is the way; which start at like 3.5k I recall.

I have to agree with Jake as the right sand rail pic looks like it has a wide Nissan V8 motor and not an UZ...The UZ'a are not as wide in stature, and those heads look very big and fat..

Jake why not drag up some older threads once in while as some of the oldies are the best?...

Zuffen, I would think that is a little steeper then 55 degrees, atleast is some areas on that climb...... Remember that is a four wheel drive buggy climbing that hill and not two...Engine weight is probably in the front end of that buggy so you have four cup tires working rather then just two rears...

Although the sandrails are not easy to flip sideways as then tend to flip end over end more often then not on the climbs like you said...

This video is a very close call via the roll over... This guy got lucky...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/4x4-up-hill/2961463778

Jake why not drag up some older threads once in while as some of the oldies are the best?...

or atleast drag them from the dead to post pics of engines completely unrelated to the price of cheese on sunday - certainly makes for a jovial read... hi five jibby :wtf:

didnt you notice that even the pic's name is subaru.jpg or something similar?

i dobt those dunes would be much graeter than 50deg too - the sand would subside otherwise. there may be occasional steeper shelves that have yet to fall, but otherwise, certinaly not much more than previously stated.

theres some tops incar vids of a cruiser dune climb drag car thing lurking around somehwre (from dubai or equiv i suspect). i had a look on youtube but couldnt spot it... abs beserk cars these guys punt up the dunes doing basically a 1/4mile run from the christmas tree

it would be nice if there was more internet material on some of the engine development theyre doing in dubai

Well ED my friend, your entitled to your opinions... It appears others don't have the same complaints as you with these links and pics..Well maybe your tag team buddy Jake does but that doesn't count.. A little controversy never hurt anyone, right?...A little forum entertainment is all I am trying to do...I don't see you or Jake posting up any award winning threads of late? My pals Ed and Jake, were is Death by bass? He should have jumped in by now as I am shocked.. So I posted some rails and buggy's on a UZ buggy thread, I don't see the harm in that... So critical ED, relax and have a brew for me, and give one to Jake while your at it...I worry about you man......

I have personally climbed sand hills, dirt mountain sides that were way steeper the 55 degrees...I have had the front end pop up on me several times on crazy climbs that were almost vertical at some points and the clutch saved me everytime or I would have toppled over... Very scary stuff like in the vids.. The key to steep hill climbs is momentum and speed... If your just crawling and powering slow up the hill then 55 degrees in the sand is very tough to concure like Zuffen said...

This is a rookie in a toy. exta cab rolling over on a hill that is probably 30 degrees... Wow, this guy can't drive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZbcLPV7c4

controversy? opinion? whats there to be vitriolic about matey?

for someone who knows the 1uz like the back of his hand, posting a boxxer 4 claiming it a 1uz to revive a 2 year old thread deserves what kind of comment exactly? your drawing attenion all by yourself mate, you dont need any help from myself or jake. im just in for the ride.

ps maximum slip angle for a sand dune is about 32deg. please privide evidence for dunes in excess of 55deg. otherwise i call BS.

Attachments

• engine bay 005.jpg
    engine bay 005.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 1
  • engine bay 006.jpg
    engine bay 006.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 2
  • engine bay 007.jpg
    engine bay 007.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1
  • engine bay 008.jpg
    engine bay 008.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 2
  • engine bay 009.jpg
    engine bay 009.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 1
  • engine bay 004.jpg
    engine bay 004.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1
Ed, your so kind with your words...I love you man.....

Call it BS if you must what else is new? I got an idea, let me go bust out an angle reader, travel back in time and go to the sand dunes in Pismo Beach, California where it was really steep and crumbling sand. I'll get right back to you with that angle read and proof right away ED......

Keep in mind oh critical and skeptic one that some sand dunes are packed hard sand which can create a steeper angle then you suggest...

Ed is the glass always half empty in your world and never half full? It appears it may be completely empty, what a shame.. :grumble:

Try and be a sport Ed and don't steal my joy on the forum.... Thanks matey.....:439:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 432
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 426
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 419
Ha Ha Ha... Great day indeed Xr8tt...

"I sense hostility John, yes Harold, we don't like hostility do we John? No, Harold we don't... Bricktop - Be warry of man whom owns a pig farm, now feed him to the pigs Harold... "

If anyone gets that movie they surely will agree that it is good for many laughs.. A classic...

Inner peace ??

I am passing this info on to you because it definitely worked for me and we all could use more calm in our lives.

By following the simple advice I heard on a Medical TV show, I have finally found inner peace.

A Doctor proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started.

So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished and, before leaving the house this morning.

I finished off a bottle of Shiraz, a bottle of shardonnay, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of vodka, a package of chips, the mainder of bot Prozac an Valium criptions, the rst of the Chesescke an a box a chocolate.

Yu have no idr who god I fell.

Peas sen dis orn to Dem yu fee AR in Ned ov inr p|ss.

Sand racing the quarter mile...Hmmmm? 9.9 seconds is very fast on the track let alone the sand.. ... Gotta love the 1uz.. when turbo'd... Good link....

Attachments

• 05112007060.jpg
    05112007060.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 05112007061.jpg
    05112007061.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 05112007062.jpg
    05112007062.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 05112007063.jpg
    05112007063.jpg