Decent price for a 1UZ-FE?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shadetree

A local recycler has a t-boned LS400. This is a fancy junkyard, where they disassemble everything, have indoor storage, and computerized inventory.

The car has 140K miles, and 200 compression across all holes. I have been talking to them about the engine, bellhousing, alternator, starter, intake and exhaust manis, harness, and all sensors minus maf.

They started at $1750. I have them down to $1000. Too much?

I am on the fence, this is everything I need in one place, and it's in town so I can pick it up. But I'm a cheap bastard, and think they still asking a little too much.

its a bit much maybe, but you'll see engines only on ebay for 750 and then another 200-300 shipping and there you have it all, so maybe its a good way for you to go.......i don't know what car you want to put it in so consider the sump location on the ls motor vs. sc location........you can also always swap pans

"all sensors minus maf, bellhousing, alternator, and starter."

Try and get the alternator as they are not cheap to replace and only 1UZ ones fit without making brackets etc.

I would be surprised if the starter isn't there as it lives under the inlet manifold and is a bit of a mission to remove.

Wdoherty.. I need a front sump. 77 Celica. I think I'm going to buy it. I'm going to try to lowball them, but if they don't budge it nots not a bad price. I definitely don't want to spend ages and get nickel and dimed to death tracking down all the little bits.

Zuffen, I edited my first post to make it clearer. I can get everything I need from the car there.

I'm just kicking myself for sleeping on a private sale T-boned LS400 with blingin' 18" rims for $1000 a few months ago. I could of sold the rims for $500. + the grill,lights, rear end on ebay and it would have been free.
shrug.gif

awesome, i also have a 77 celica, which i had thought about this transplant before i got an sc400, can't wait to see this project go down,

WDoherty said:
awesome, i also have a 77 celica, which i had thought about this transplant before i got an sc400, can't wait to see this project go down,
You better get used to the idea of waiting.
slaphappy.gif

This will definitely take me awhile. Pretty much every system needs major upgrades and modifications. One step at a time....

A grand for everything is a good buy, especially if you have good stats on the engine. I got mine for $480, but it was at $700 with shipping, and it doesn't have the alternator or all the wiring.

engine1.jpg

i wonder what the difference is between the j-spec and our u.s. engines, i guess your going aftermarket ecu since the harness etc. may be different?

All in one place? I would say get it for convenience, plus you know eveything will work coming off the same car.... Just the 140,000 miles is getting up there and kinda sucks at that price.. Offer them $800 and continue to be a cheap bastard, that is how you save money....:23:

Peewee relax on Yankland, don't make me fly out their and straighten you out....:slap: I'm just kidding I know I am a hella Yankee..... and a red neck....and a clown....

You Aussie boy's should make the trip and come out to come see us... Yankland ain't all that bad....Give you a chance to experience maybe an Earthquake, a riot, a dirty bomb attack, driveby shooting, floods, traffic, etc... It's a great time and a must see....
:usa: