Climate Control LCD

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TKing

Hey there folks.

What are my options regarding the climate control LCD screen? Unfortunately, the screen has started to degrade and Im not sure other than replacing the whole unit, as to if there are any other options. Please advise.

Thanks,

Todd

climate control and heat

I can read the lcd but recently the heater is not very effective. When on max hot and auto, the ac is lit up. It is just not hot as before. Is this the climate control or something else?
Is there a fix for this issue?
thanks in advance

Todd,

Follow this link http://www.lextreme.com/lcdtech.html The bottom of the page have those green buttons. Select the year and model of your ride and click the green botton. After that, just enter your credit card number and will recieve it in about 7 days.

I can read the lcd but recently the heater is not very effective. When on max hot and auto, the ac is lit up. It is just not hot as before. Is this the climate control or something else?
Is there a fix for this issue?
thanks in advance
If you didn't remove the climate control but it still happened, then I'd think it would be chips of the climate control that is messed up. Try to take it out using Lextreme's instruction and see if everything is still in place. I don't think it's the fuse but you can still check it just in case. The AC is also controlled by the ECU so the ECU might be defective.

climate control

thanks for the reply.
It has never been removed. It just started blowing cooler air one day rather than heat no matter how high the setting. The AC still works fine.
If it is the climate control, can it be repaired?
any suggestions other than climate control repair to start with?

I would check the whole system very carefully - the A/c control might be fine but the heater tap may be faulty or the vaccuum hose to it split. If the cooling system has been neglected the heater core maybe blocked - check these before pulling the a/c controls to bits - cheers

heater core

thanks,
I have considered the heater core. Anyone replaced one? I have not looked for it but have replaced some tough ones on other vehicles. Sometimes they are pretty easy, some have to remove the world to get to it.

cheers.