Heater/Climate Control turns off after 30 sec... Need Help..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JRiftin

Hey guys,

I Live in Canberra, Australia and have just bought a Imported JDM 1989 Toyota Celsior (B-Spec). I am loving the car, but i think it has a few elect problems.

When i start the car, the heater controls etc all function, eg fan strength, front and rear dimisters etc etc etc......

BUT
After roughly 30 sec, it all turns off and NONE of the buttons on the control panel work......

Makes it hard, as when i finish work, my windscreen is iced up and cant used the cars heater.

Any help or ideas?

thanks,

Joe

Mine was doing something similar, the whole climate control panel would flash on/off/on/off etc, sometimes work, sometimes not, turn off not soon after turning on the car and then turn on a good 10 minutes later.

I ended up swapping the unit with one I bought second hand. Worked a treat. There was obviously a dry joint or a failing component in the unit, but it was easier to replace than repair.

btw, are you sure its a B-spec, very very few Celsiors are B-spec as they aren't worth as much so they rarely got imported.

My sc did the same thing, but the cluster would also come on after the car was turned off and it would set off my alarm. What turned out to be was my ignition switch. I dont know if this helps you, but it was my expirence.