Climate control power issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Turbo8u

I have a 1994 LS 400 with 203,000 miles on it. I have only purchased it recently and it's been great. Since purchase the radio works sometimes and then just turns off, no power. I checked the wiring around the radio and did not find anything loose, cut, or weird. I thought it was the radio so I put in an aftermarket radio using a plug and did not cut anything. That radio had the same issue. I'd be riding down the road and it would start turning off and on again. I finally bypassed the "switch on" wire and made it hot all the time. Radio works fine now.

That was a few months ago. Now the climate control center will just turn off for no reason. When it does I have no lights at all on the climate control. It obviously turns off the ac/heat when this happens. I looked at the wiring and see nothing obvious wrong. I did notice when it first started if I turned my parking lights on the unit would come on, strange.

Would anyone have a wiring diagram or know why this is happening?

thanks,
Phil

Lex, are you refering to the relays under the hood behind the battery? Which one runs that Climate control? I removed all the relays in that box and replaced them. I also removed the fuses and cleaned them to be sure that all were making good contact.

Something else, this morning the CC was not working at all. At lunch, 80 degrees here today, it worked fine with the parking lights on. Strange.....

thanks,

I found the fuse box under the dash and checked the breakers and removed the fuses and cleaned them up. It worked this morning so I'll see what happens. Is there a place to purchase the the Relays without going to a Lexus dealer. I noticed that they seem to have different shapes and plugs so it doesn't look like Autozone relays will work.

I just wanted to give an update about this issue. It seems as though taking out fuse 14 in the internal fusebox was where the issue was. This fuse provides power to the CC unit in the dash. Since I took it out and cleaned it and put it back it's been working fine. I guess now it's on to replacing those capacitors in the instrument panel to get that crazy gas guage working.

thanks to all for the advice!